SlotForum banner
1981 - 2000 of 2032 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hopefully there is someone here that might know.
The race this week end is at Monza which includes a sprint race on Saturday afternoon, with qualifying for that on Friday evening (I think). Does anyone know if there is any free to air TV coverage of this session. I think C4 has TV coverage of the Sprint Race on Saturday @ 18:30, although they are listing it as
"Highlights: Round 14 of the season comes from Monza. This high-speed track has been around since F1 began and will certainly put the drivers to the test again. Steve Jones presents."
Autosport says
"As seen at Silverstone last week, the introduction of the sprint race on Saturday has resulted in a number of other changes to the weekend schedule, including a late running of qualifying on Friday.
The one-hour opening practice session will begin at 2:30pm local time at Monza before qualifying takes place between 6pm and 7pm.."
As I type this I'm thinking there is no real coverage of Fridays qualifying.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
I see that Mercedes has sent Bottas to the Naughty Square at the back of the grid. Apparently, he is has to use his 4th engine.……!
Nothing to do with Bottas “just playing around” at the end of the Dutch GP then.

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: HiFi

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,883 Posts
The obvious thing would be for Valtteri to back Max into the Mclarens...good to see MB running everything to suit LH...not!
VB starts last, he should be making life difficult for Max who's tootling around knowing 2nd is good for pole tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Well, 2 extra point for Verstappen and Pole position tomorrow.
Hamilton had a bad start, not his first :rolleyes:, and wasn‘t able to overtake Norris.
Danny Ricciardo on the front row (y)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congrats to Danny R and McLaren on a hard fought and worked for win and to Lando also.

I just hope he washed his feet as drinking from an old racing shoe is not my idea of a celebration!!

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,883 Posts
It was fantastic to see the McLaren 1-2 today.

When are MB going to make smart decisions? Pitting LH that early when his tyres were good for a few laps in clean air and MV losing out...I was pulling my hair out at such a ludicrous decision...and I never took MV as a dirty driver until today, shades of Schumacher taking out Damon :cautious:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I find the penalty extremely light ... MV did not do anything to avoid the crash. IMO... Frustrated by his appalling pitstop, he probably felt a crash was a better option than let LH go... I was surprised that LH pitted at that time. I expected later since he was on hard rubber, but maybe they feared fresh rubber would be too fast for another lap ? His pitstop wasn't too good either

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,883 Posts
I was ranting and raving when Lewis was called in, WTH were they thinking! MB make the most ridiculous decisions at times...far too many times in fact.

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,997 ·
I was going to say that this reminded me of Prost and Senna but now there is a big difference or is there. Max is not in a position where he can afford to lose points to Lewis so he will try any chance to get by and know he had to do quickly before Lewis could take advantage of the new softer rubber. However he is in the position that he needs to take reasonable points from Lewis in every race so he can take his engine change, hopefully at a track that lets you overtake, without to much lose of points. Every race he doesn't out score Lewis for what ever reason makes this harder, Max now needs about 5 or 6 points more every race and it will only get harder. Should Max have backed off?, probably but I think everyone, including Lewis, knows that won't happen. At most other corners it would have been wheel to wheel and get on with it but the sausage kerbs can make a F1 airborne and the wheel contact is always going to be more dangerous.

As I have said before in this thread I think it's time to use technology and track/car sensors with automatic penalties, not just time but if the sensor waring goes of and the driver has gained a place he knows he has to give it back on the next straight or take a time penalty. The tracks can then get rid of all the dangerous kerbs and make racing, hopefully, safer for all.

Before I get accused of being bias let me say that although it's good to see a real challenge for Lewis this year my main followings have been Norris and Russell.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
and the driver has gained a place he knows he has to give it back
All drivers know if they gained a place by driving over the grass. They don't need technology.

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
Enjoyable, exciting, thrilling, furious, fast, frustrating, disappointing, uplifting, and reminiscent of the classic 1971 Italian Grand Prix, yesterday's race is already history, and one that will form the subject of chattering for a very long time.

Abfab to see McLaren up front again. A brilliant performance by both drivers and the team.

Below, a Fiat truck. Please judge its purpose for yourself.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Too much technology and way too many ridiculous rules are the main reason such idiocy occurs,a penalty because you need a new engine,it’s a racing car not your dads mondeo.it does not need to be able to do 200.000 miles,and you need no technology for track limits or kerbs just use the same kerbs as they do on the road and you will see track limits adhered to with no questions what so ever.as we all know you really don’t want to hit the kerb ,and as the so called elite drivers of motor racing if they don’t know where the kerb is they have no place in any car least of all a race car.

1981 - 2000 of 2032 Posts