SlotForum banner
2241 - 2260 of 2275 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
A good point - but - nothing will change whilst the most money is handed out to those with the most constructors' points, which equates with those with the most money. It's the same as soccer where as soon as there is up and coming talent in a small club, the big clubs wade in with the money and sign 'em up, thus preserving the status quo.

Perhaps if the money was shared more evenly amongst the teams, the racing would be closer throughout the field. Successful teams would still profit from the ensuing sponsorship, but with a cost cap in place that would reward owners/shareholders/staff rather than being used to dominate the lesser teams.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
I feel that if the heady world of Effing 1 really wants to improve itself, it might start by employing TV pundits who speak in a language that can be understood.

I'm not awfully good at Serbo-Croat, but it's more comprehensible than "Hamootun in pre free wiv isshoes..."

Et-bl**dy-cetera...

·
Premium Member
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,244 ·
From the FIA report...

When DRS is activated, which raises the upper element of the wing to a flatter position, the gap must be between 10mm and 85mm. The maximum gap is measured, in accordance with TD/011-19, by pushing an 85mm gauge against the gap with a maximum load of 10N (ten newtons.) If the gauge goes through then the car has failed the test. In this case, the gauge would not pass through at the inner section of the wing, but did at the outer section of the wing. This test was repeated four times with two different gauges, once being done in the presence of the Stewards and representatives of the Competitor.

The Competitor asserted that the design is intended to meet the regulations. It was clear to the Stewards that the additional deflection was due to additional play either in the DRS actuator or the pivots at the end, or some combination or other fault with the mechanism, or incorrect assembly of the parts. The Stewards heard, from both the team and the FIA that the same design has been tested many times during the season and uniformly passed. Further, the FIA has examined the design of the area of the car in question and are satisfied that the design meets the intent of the regulation. There is therefore no question in the minds of the Stewards that the test failure indicates any intent to exceed the maximum dimension either by action or design.

All reports can be found here, I can't post a direct link to the report but if you open the Bazilian GP listing and scroll down to Offence Car 44 DRS, the Max verdict is the one below. Seems Lewis also get a fine for undoing his seat belts on the victory lap.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
3,226 Posts
Sorry but the days of a Bruce Mclaren turning up with his own car have been over for decades, it's all about the team now.
...and I've always been a MV fan but this season he's taken too many leaves out of the Michael Schumacher school of dirty tricks for my personal liking.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Discontent has arisen at the pointy end of the grid today. A press conference revealed a potential protest by Red Bull against the legality of Lewis's rear wing.

It's all getting messy and most distasteful. Implications by Christian Horner are unpalatable. All a bit of a pity.

Why attack F1 when the principal protagonists do it so well themselves?

·
Kevs Racing Bits
3,226 Posts
This season there's been more 'show' between races than on the track...the stewards decision comes as zero surprise, as Lewis said last week..."of course, of course!"

...what goes around sooner or later comes around, Max has built a fair chunk of it to come back at him at some date.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
A thorny subject arises today with the announcement of yet another paying driver entering the fray next season. The current crop of those who dump cash into a team in exchange for a seat haven't exactly covered themselves in glory, or even exhibited competence in some cases, but this trend appears to me to call one fundamental tenet of F1 seriously into question.

Without integrity there is a growing diminution of credibility, which will almost certainly not stem the exodus of paying spectators, but Eff 1, frankly, will only have itself to blame when the last fan finally switches the lights awf.

·
Registered
676 Posts
This season there's been more 'show' between races than on the track...the stewards decision comes as zero surprise, as Lewis said last week..."of course, of course!"

I guess this is what happens when an American.media giant runs the show. Reminiscent of the hostile face to face “press conferences “ staged before professional wrestling matches. Anything to pump up the pay for view audiences.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
3,226 Posts
mickey thumbs said:
I guess this is what happens when an American.media giant runs the show. Reminiscent of the hostile face to face “press conferences “ staged before professional wrestling matches. Anything to pump up the pay for view audiences.
I almost posted that same reply but resisted :giggle:

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Phew! Qualy was closely contested, eh? All rather frantic at the pointy end of the grid. Most enjoyable. And good to see George going well in the Williams again, too. Can't wait for the race.

Jus' hope it doesn't end in protest, whinging, moaning, whining and squabbling.

·
Premium Member
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,253 ·
Max is up before the stewards before the race for not respecting double yellow flags in sector 3 at the end but I thought they had gone back to green before Max got to the last sector, as did the C4 commentary team.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
So it seems, Keith. Max will be in the headmaster's study at 10am GMT today. If he fails to convince judge and jury, and the headmaster is consistent with past practice in these situations, Max will be demoted to fifth place on the grid.

Ah well, awf we go again.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Watched the highlights on C4 seemes all they were really bothered with was the Toto, Horner series just like Dallas , we know Horner visn a loud mouth, self opiniionated ------------ ( leave other to fill the gap ) but thought Toto was above all that , but just goes to showh how you can get it wrong.
It has really got to something when a scratch on a wing according to Horner up,s the performance , did try it on my NSR F1 car and found it doesn't.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
3,226 Posts
Max hit with 5 place grid penalty and 2 points on his license.
Valtteri hit with 3 place grid penalty. and 1 point on his license.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Max hit with 5 place grid penalty and 2 points on his license.
Valtteri hit with 3 place grid penalty. and 1 point on his license.
Two words; stage managed.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Another copybook performance by Lewis and Max, but yes I know what you're all thinking. Disappointed. Hermann Tilke had a golden opportunity to design a circuit on the edge of a dandy sandy desert, and not a camel in sight anywhere!

Not the only disappointment yesterday, eh?
Wheel Tire Vertebrate Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Aural pain arrives in many forms, but the worst I've endured in years has been provided on the one hand by programme presenters with BBC Radio 3, and on the other by Channel 4's Alex Jacques, Milly Bonger and Lawrence Barretto.

All three seem to bear a grudge against their stock-in-trade, namely, the English language.

Dunno if I can stand much more of their nonsense.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Aural pain arrives in many forms, but the worst I've endured in years has been provided on the one hand by programme presenters with BBC Radio 3, and on the other by Channel 4's Alex Jacques, Milly Bonger and Lawrence Barretto.

All three seem to bear a grudge against their stock-in-trade, namely, the English language.

Dunno if I can stand much more of their nonsense.
I couldn’t agree with you more Sir! A good point well made. I watched a race on Sky about a month or so ago and what a difference!nI always said I would never pay-to-view but Sky could persuade me.

Reactions: Trisha
2241 - 2260 of 2275 Posts