SlotForum banner
3661 - 3680 of 3722 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,662 ·
Word is that "F1" is looking at the possibility of breaking away from the FIA due to increasing disagreements such as the number of sprint races and the tightening of rules such as the jewellery one. Word is that the FIA refused to agree the increase in sprint races to six for next season because the teams and F1 refused to pay extra for the privilege of taking more risk within their capped budgets even though the FIA would have got more money from some teams as they are "paid" by the number of points the teams score so they would have got more money anyway. A large part of the FIA's income comes from F1 but apparently very little goes back in to F1. So will F1 do a breakaway or will it be a bluff to put pressure on the FIA?

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,124 Posts
Where are F1 priorities? They are threatening drivers that if they insist on wearing jewellery, including wedding rings, they may get fined and/or have points deducted for safety reasons. Likewise, drivers are not allowed to wear their own underwear and Sebastian Vettel wore his boxer shorts over his race suit as a protest!

However, Saint took a trip into the barrier which wasn’t exactly a barrier but it was a concrete wall and sustained a slight injury to his neck in a relatively low speed impact. He asked for a ProTech barrier to be installed and the the race director refused. Next up, Ocon had a virtually identical accident with a 51G impact which resulted in him hurting his knees and breaking his chassis. The FIA have said that a TechPro barrier was not deemed necessary on that corner before race weekend and it stands by its decision.

So it’s fine to hit a concrete wall but dangerous to wear a wedding ring or boxer shorts! Something is rotten in the state of F1!
Conrete walls + high speed cars = exciting crashes = publicity = more money

This new guy (race director) is obviously trying to make a name for himself.

Phew! I think I got away without focussing on Lewis Hamilton, was that OK Kev? ;)
You earned a badge

Font Emblem Symbol Circle Crest

·
Premium Member
2,860 Posts
Perhaps Lewis should be fined for repeatedly wearing a ridiculous hair cut,I wonder if his barber offered him something for the weekend sir.
You mean he has a Prince Albert? 😮

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Ghasly and Llando livened it up somewhat by coming together, Ferrari just need more top speed to be able to challenge in the races at the moment.

Thought Brundles grid walk was always going to be ,er, difficult, the only positive was Zak Brown seeming to offer Mario and Emmo a run in the current Macca during the Austin Weekend.

Thought Danica Patrick was a good addition, might have been better for her to do the grid walk perhaps.

Must say I was expecting more bish bash bosh, but it looked like drivers were keen to get to the finish.

Young Mick had a decent race until tangling with Seb, but I thought George had the best day out, making the hards last, by overiding the team decision to pit earlier,was a good call ,which meant he lucked into the safety car window.

Don't think Toto or Hammy really really really wanted George finishing P5.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Another Micky Mouse circuit from the land of Micky Mouse , still difficult to really overtake, to much disparaty between the cars , to much officials intrution , no consistancy in rules in F1, but i must admit watching it live at John's was great, highlights for me were the excellent malt whisky and the assorted snacks he provided, especially that Cornish vintage cheese wow.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,124 Posts
I don't know why Martin Brundle bothers with self important people on his grid walks wherever it is held in the USA because they all think its about them....we're not remotely interested what they think Martin, talk to fans or team members, at least they'll know who this short chubby grey haired English bloke is and be enthusiastic about it too.

·
Premium Member
2,860 Posts
Another Micky Mouse circuit from the land of Micky Mouse , still difficult to really overtake, to much disparaty between the cars , to much officials intrution , no consistancy in rules in F1, but i must admit watching it live at John's was great, highlights for me were the excellent malt whisky and the assorted snacks he provided, especially that Cornish vintage cheese wow.
Best race report ever on this Forum! Made me laugh anyway! I’m going to John‘s for the next one!

Mind you, watching Leclerc and Verstappen at work was enjoyable and the Ferraris and Red Bull are capable of providing a spectacle. Shame Bottas threw a well deserved 5th place away, Russell drove a damn good race from way back on the grid and just what was Schumacher thinking when he rammed Vettel?

That “track” needs a complete resurfacing though, not because it was rough or breaking up, but because you need a consistent level of surface across the racing surface, not the one racing line that they have now.

·
Premium Member
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,679 ·
I believe the surface was new and laid just for the racing and was also sand or shot blasted to give a even surface and grip all over, although some areas did lift and needed re doing. The problem with any street circuit is that there is only one line so that stays clean and the marbles and other rubbish end getting everywhere off the racing line. At least on traditional tracks drivers can try other lines and with other classes of racing being held the full track tends to be used, especially if tin tops race. May be the track needed less grip to help reduce the marbles?

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Waiting for the US TV figures. NASCAR's Southern 500 was on FS1 start time 15:30, Miami was on ABC, same start time. Tickets for the throwback weekend at Darington were $77-$350. Tickets for Miami were $1000 in advance to get through the gate, $2000 from resellers and $10k for anything in one of the premium areas. If you have to ask how much hospitality or a seat on one of the boats was, you definitely can't afford it. But you could have bought a boat (and, as the song goes, a truck to pull it, plus a Yeti 110 iced down and some silver bullets), for the same money.

Miami was never interested in appealing to motorsport fans. It wants 'adventure seekers' who will spend whatever it takes on their ticket, plus $3k per night on food and accom. The event is a showcase for the Dolphins and for Liberty Media. On that basis it sounds like it was a success.

3661 - 3680 of 3722 Posts