SlotForum banner
3741 - 3754 of 3754 Posts

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,152 Posts
Yeah there's loads of multiple references to different matters in this thread, some are worth rementioning over and over.

·
Premium Member
2,254 Posts
Equally you could have no development budget, the car that first turns a wheel is homologated as that for the whole season.
You would probably be able to predict most of the race results - and thus the World Champion - by watching the performances in the first race of the season. All development would be frozen. Not a good idea I think.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,152 Posts
The budget cap could have a say in this years final results, 'Whiney' wants to spend more than the budget and other teams have already done their sums and spreading the costs thinner.

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,744 ·
I've said it a few times and I'm going to repeat myself now. I don't understand why, apart from possible weather conditions at some circuits, all the races in one continent can't be held consecutively and then move everything on to the next closest continent. I'm sure most land travel could be done by rail at least most of the time. The problem still comes when the teams airfreight updates and replacement parts around the world. Also would the team personal be happy spending all that time away from home or would the be flying back and forth all the time.

F1 can make the races 'green' they can insist that the venues and production facilities are 'green' but they won't be able to really claim to be '100% green' until the whole world is.

As to the budget cap, apparently there are no predefined penalties for exceeding the cap. In theory a major breach an result in exclusion from the championship but what constitutes a major breach has been defined and most teams seem to think that you can get away with up to 5% without sanctions. Maybe a teams following year budget should be reduced by two or three, or more, times the excess with automatic exclusion if you excide that cap, they might think twice then.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Ah to be a racing driver in the early 60,s our team headed for the open at Ramsgate , four up in a Imp ( no private jet for us ) after a very long journey and a pit stop half way at the greasy spoon for eggs and bacon and a wedge of bread and butter ( not for us was the fine dining of today,
We arrived in a sodden Ramsgate no fans to great us for our autographs , no pit crew to carry our things , we parked up and headed to the venue a hall , signed on for practise , sat in the corner, no team accomadation for us, when our time came for our runs , no 24 people gathered round our cars to check them over.
Practise over we headed to our first class dining , Bert's chippy for fish and chips all round ate it in a very nice bus shelter, before deciding to stay over to save going home and back on Sunday for the race , so we headed to our luxury hotel ( Barries Imp ) where the 4 of us tucked up for the night and it was still bloody raining.
Race day came after looking for first class loo's and failing we ended up back at the venue where we were treated to a cup of soup by other kind entrants , just like Lewis and Max would today ( tongue in cheek ) .
There was the morning warm up , think the first time i drove a car with overcoat and gloves on , qualified around half way which what was expected .
The race soon came start was 14-00 and by 18-00 it was over i managed a 6th overall, Barrie was 9th, Ian lost a wheel luckily it was on the straight not in a corner, so no injuries the wheel missed the marshall by inches , can't remember where Mike finished.
They had no champers so a luke warm cuppa was my celebration before once again we headed into the rain to our executive car ( the Imp ) didn't head to the airport but the A2 and headed home in pouring rain , unlike being at Spa we carried on finally getting back somewhere around 21-00 the adrenaline had worn of by then, the moral of this story is of the 4 of us with our F1 cars actually enjoying the racing , no ill feelings , no Mr Horner type people , no hype, and we did that sort of racing many times after that. ( just a little light F1 story )

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Ah to be a racing driver in the early 60,s our team headed for the open at Ramsgate , four up in a Imp ( no private jet for us ) after a very long journey and a pit stop half way at the greasy spoon for eggs and bacon and a wedge of bread and butter ( not for us was the fine dining of today,
We arrived in a sodden Ramsgate no fans to great us for our autographs , no pit crew to carry our things , we parked up and headed to the venue a hall , signed on for practise , sat in the corner, no team accomadation for us, when our time came for our runs , no 24 people gathered round our cars to check them over.
Practise over we headed to our first class dining , Bert's chippy for fish and chips all round ate it in a very nice bus shelter, before deciding to stay over to save going home and back on Sunday for the race , so we headed to our luxury hotel ( Barries Imp ) where the 4 of us tucked up for the night and it was still bloody raining.
Race day came after looking for first class loo's and failing we ended up back at the venue where we were treated to a cup of soup by other kind entrants , just like Lewis and Max would today ( tongue in cheek ) .
There was the morning warm up , think the first time i drove a car with overcoat and gloves on , qualified around half way which what was expected .
The race soon came start was 14-00 and by 18-00 it was over i managed a 6th overall, Barrie was 9th, Ian lost a wheel luckily it was on the straight not in a corner, so no injuries the wheel missed the marshall by inches , can't remember where Mike finished.
They had no champers so a luke warm cuppa was my celebration before once again we headed into the rain to our executive car ( the Imp ) didn't head to the airport but the A2 and headed home in pouring rain , unlike being at Spa we carried on finally getting back somewhere around 21-00 the adrenaline had worn of by then, the moral of this story is of the 4 of us with our F1 cars actually enjoying the racing , no ill feelings , no Mr Horner type people , no hype, and we did that sort of racing many times after that. ( just a little light F1 story )
Sounds like any BriSCA meeting at Mendip Raceway. :unsure:

·
Registered
12,155 Posts
Bernie arrested in Brazil for illegally carrying a gun in his hand luggage, whilst boarding a private flight bound for Switzerland. Whilst admitting that it was his gun, he said he didn't know it was in his travel bag. He was bailed and allowed to continue his journey. Well well...

3741 - 3754 of 3754 Posts