SlotForum banner
3981 - 4000 of 4398 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Drove down to Monaco around about 1981, (it was the year that there was a pipe burst in a hotel above the tunnel so the race was delayed as that part of the track was wet), it cost 5 of us 90 Francs each back in the day when there were 11 or 12 Francs to a £1. The following year, I went to the British F1 GP and we were charged £30 each just to get a crumby standing place on an earth bank! where you saw 0.2 second of a car each lap and desperately tried to make sense of an out of phase tannoy system commentary. I thought urine was being extracted then and I still think it now.

Reactions: Trisha and HiFi

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
A most impressive record-breaking run in the electric McMurtry at Goodwood recently by ex-F1 driver, Max Chilton. I'm tempted to imagine how much quicker it might have been with Max at the tiller.

Vid online worth watching.

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
It's reported today that Whingeing Spice and his betrothed arrived at Glastonbury by chopper. Riveting news from the world of Effing 1, eh? Hope you're every bit as enthralled by news that I went to relieve my bladder roughly four minutes ago.

It's all part of the 'big build-up' to Silverstone, "literally, essentially, yeah no, I mean..."

·
Registered
977 Posts
A most impressive record-breaking run in the electric McMurtry at Goodwood recently by ex-F1 driver, Max Chilton. I'm tempted to imagine how much quicker it might have been with Max at the tiller.

Vid online worth watching.
It was rather spectacular! I hadn’t realised it was a fan-car and wondered what the hell was coming out the back of it at first!!!

An electric 2J!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
It's reported today that Whingeing Spice and his betrothed arrived at Glastonbury by chopper.
I left Fiji's Treasure Island by chopper.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,811 Posts
Did we witness the end of ground effects on Sunday with the McMurtry fan car blasting up the hill at Goodwood?

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Reactions: Trisha
3981 - 4000 of 4398 Posts