SlotForum banner
4301 - 4320 of 4398 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,301 ·
I think Ferrari should trust the initial strategy and the drivers but until Pirelli give the teams tyres that can just be raced hard I don't think that will happen for most of the teams as everyone is scared stiff of the undercut so as soon as any of a teams main competitors pits they do the same. The only top team that seem to trust it's driver is MB with Lewis and to some degree depending on the strategy RB with Checo. The moment Ferrari reacted to RB, who were always going to pit early being on the soft, they were on a loser and when they reacted to RB the second time they had no chance as it meant running the hard or the soft and probably doing another stop, which they had to do in the end anyway. I'm sure Ferrari's original strategy was more or less what they did with Carlos. They just need to hold their nerve and stick to the plan, it can't end up any worse.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I think Ferrari should trust the initial strategy and the drivers but until Pirelli give the teams tyres that can just be raced hard I don't think that will happen for most of the teams as everyone is scared stiff of the undercut so as soon as any of a teams main competitors pits they do the same. The only top team that seem to trust it's driver is MB with Lewis and to some degree depending on the strategy RB with Checo. The moment Ferrari reacted to RB, who were always going to pit early being on the soft, they were on a loser and when they reacted to RB the second time they had no chance as it meant running the hard or the soft and probably doing another stop, which they had to do in the end anyway. I'm sure Ferrari's original strategy was more or less what they did with Carlos. They just need to hold their nerve and stick to the plan, it can't end up any worse.
The tire manufacturer is not at fault. In fact they gave teams guidance ahead of time and Ferrari did the opposite!

Ferrari's fault is they delegated human intelligence to artificial intelligence. They trusted their simulations when clearly they lacked training data on the relatively obscure situation of the race. They should use simulations as an input to human decision making rather than in replace of human decision making.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,303 ·
Sorry but I have to disagree, this years tyres were supposed to allow the teams to push harder on the tyre and degrade less but there seems to be no difference to last year. If the tyres degraded less and the teams could push them harder for longer then the under cut wouldn't be anywhere near as effective. If the undercut or overcut was ineffective the teams would all run to their own plan and wouldn't be reacting to what other teams do. Ferrari's mistake was to react to RB and change their first set of medium tyres when RD changed their soft tyres. Others teams also reatced to each other but in most cases they were already running the same compounds so didn't make Ferrari's error.

·
Registered
365 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Personally i think the tyres as they currently are , are not up to the job power wise they can't handle it, tyres seem to be the major talking point instead of the actual racing .
Perhaps they should make a tyre that actually works on the current F1 car forget about hard, med, or soft just make a medium compound tyre and that should make for a better all round set up.
For many years there was just one type of dry tyre let's go back to that and go from there.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
There is so much speculation about who is replacing who's seat , who is going to this team that team i think it is time to settle it once and for all by stating it will not be me , did have a seat fitting for a new one and happy to say it is rather comfy compared to the old one.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
One thinks of the home front during ww2 as all pulling together, except the spivs of course, but reading the history of the RR factory at Crewe built quickly for the war effort to assemble Merlin's, it seems demarcation and strikes were rife, putting females into a traditional male bastion caused a few problems on the production front.

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Surprise, surprise! Piastri signs to fill the seat left by Alonso. Pretty big shoes to fill there!

Reactions: HiFi
4301 - 4320 of 4398 Posts