SlotForum banner
4321 - 4340 of 4398 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Seems like Alpine is finally getting some traction to improve and Alonso leaves that team?? A pattern repeated? I do think that intelligent feedback from drivers such as Alonso is crucial for development of the cars so a very smart move from Aston Martin.
I will NOT be buying an Aston Martin Alonso shirt.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,811 Posts
Lewis Hamilton says beating both Ferrari cars was a “huge” result for Mercedes in Hungary given its struggles to compete so far this year in Formula 1.
They didn't beat them fair & square though did they!...with Ferrari wearing clown shoes on Sunday tripping up over each other in the pit was the main reason for finishing behind MB.

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
George's F1 career so far reminds me a little of wee Jackie's early days. Both had to contend with uncompetitive cars, and one or two experienced, talented drivers ahead of them. So far George is also shining.

I've no doubt there will be mistakes and disappointment along the way, but strongly suspect that there will be Championships in the near future for young Russell.
Gesture World Sleeve Hat Baseball cap
Tire Car Helmet Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Surprise, surprise! Piastri signs to fill the seat left by Alonso. Pretty big shoes to fill there!
Well, everything has changed now, Piastri says he isn’t going to Alpine and Alpine are saying they want Ricciardo which opens up a seat in a McLaren and legal action is threatened in the latest F1 soap opera. What’s more, there are rumblings that Mick Schumacher may leave F1 at the end of the season because the only seat available for him (so far!) is Haas. All will be revealed in the fullness of time……:sleep:

·
Registered
264 Posts
'Elfs of the future

Millennials react to a puff of rubber smoke from Lewis's Merc as he locks a wheel into the first corner at the Hugarian GP. View attachment 313709
The days of old when you were expected to be "seen and not heard" and common ailments such as ADHD were as yet unheard of.
Could easily get a bit Hyperactive though if too much sherbet dip (fountain) or other high sugar content confectionery was consumed though. What a rush!

Imagine being caught with a sherbet dip today. All that white powder would most likely give Plod a Sean (Connery) Coronary.

Is that a young Binnoto just above Ctr Right in the spectacles?
Practising his incredulous shocked look even back then, apparently!

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
The most bizarre Eff1 yarn I've read in the past fortnight concerns Pierre Ghastly who complained of Tsunami repeatedly breaking into his (Ghastly's) room. From whence Tsunami hails, this kind of activity passes for humour, apparently.

Little wonder Toast has assigned a psychologist to Tsunami.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Wow that idiot Mark Webber ain't doing a very good job of managing Piastri, dragging his name through the mire of negative reporting as regards Alpinie and everything else , he s a young gun who Alpine spent thousands on and then to drop brown stuff all over them for investing in is great managment skill .
Talk about chewing up a career before it even starts in F1, we all know despite Mclarens words and after Brown's intervention that Danny boy is out and this geezer is in , it,s been looking like that for months, i feel Dan will go to Alpine and will regain his confidence and perform well there , on the other hand i have a feeling Piastri will not be the wonder kid at Mclaren as they already have one and his name is Norris and the team is FULLY behind him.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Albon’s been rewarded with a lonnnnnnng deal at Williams, while de Vries is tipped to replace Latifi.
That presumes that Williams is around for a lonnnnnnng time. :.)
Personally I would rather see Robert Frijns than de Vries.
There is a local guy who was F4 champion 2015 Formula 4 champ and gets really good results in any series he has driven in. Even got a second place in 2017 for his class in the WEC....
He is one of the very few drivers (apart from Jules Gounon) that I have met in person who was not a total and utter fuzzbucket.

4321 - 4340 of 4398 Posts