SlotForum banner

1521 - 1540 of 1580 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,521 ·
Quite agree Longdog, I saw a video of Grosjean driving one of the F1 Turbo Renaults and you could just hear the pleasure and thrill in his voice.

There was a time when F1 lead the way and it's developments trickled down to the other classes of motor sport but these days they all develop in their own way.

I also am not willing to pay the prices to watch on TV, I don't want Sky and if I wanted to watch on Now TV I would have to but a day pass for the race and another if I wanted to watch the qually, that's about £440 - a lot of slot cars.

As I understand it C4 are restricted by Sky to the maximum time the programs can be for qually and the race and how long the actual coverage can be as well.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
During the Moto 2 race today from Mugello, the camera panned to the Petronas pit wall and there was one Toto Wolff watching. The BT commentators made a remark that he had come to the MotoGP racing "to find out what overtaking is".
biggrin.png

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
And so the ”flexi-wing” saga rolls on. Now Christian Horner tells Toto Wolff that it is best he “keeps his mouth shut” especially as the rear wing on the Mercedes was seen to be flexing as well as the Mercedes front wing during practice today. Apparently, if Toto makes a protest, then it probably won’t be aimed at Alfa Romeo and HAAS, two other teams that are said to run flexi-wings. I wonder why?
Hand bags at dawn I think!

Reactions: Abarth Mike

·
Registered
178 Posts
F1 probably needs to go to a 1.5L formula, ie what happened in the 60s make the cars smaller and let the drivers do the talking, but there’s no money in this!

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,604 Posts
F1 probably needs to go to a 1.5L formula, ie what happened in the 60s make the cars smaller and let the drivers do the talking, but there’s no money in this!
Therefore it'll never happen in a million years so a pointless suggestion.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Plus a 'few' other extras :ROFLMAO:
Watched the highlights of quali on C4 this evening from Baku , first thing i would like to mention is it reminded me of shunters paradise , those walls always are close but the size of todays cars seems to drag the cars into them, 2nd thing there seems to be tension between Toto and Christian Horner , 3rd thing what a miserable B Max can be acting like a sullen schoolboy , for god,s sake he's in 3rd position and i would not be suprised to see him leading at the end of the first lap, that Red Bull looks the business.
Where as that Merc does not, once again Lewis did well but i do think slipstreaming there made a bit of differance, and Norris does have the evil eye over Danny boy , who looks a former shadow of himself.
Actually looking forward to the highlights of the race tomorrow got me nuts and a couple of beers in ready for it.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,604 Posts
Damage limitation exercise for Merc/LH tomorrow, there's another 18 races after this, plenty of those more suitable for the silver arrows.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,530 ·
Trouble is as Lewis is now running a low drag aero set up he can follow in the twisty bit and the with the help of DRS just sail past on the long straight, could probably even leave it to the last lap to move from second to first.

We need to loose DRS and have aero design that lets the fastest car/driver on the do some proper overtaking.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,604 Posts
I suspect you're right, I suspect the safety car is going to get more laps in than some of the drivers racing today.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I suspect you're right, I suspect the safety car is going to get more laps in than some of the drivers racing today.
What a odd race watched the highlights on C4 , was pleased for Gasly he's really driving well and taking no prisoners, great to see Seb up there , i,m not his greatest fan but he did everything right yesterday so deserved it, Perez could be a force to be reckoned with and he was there abouts with Max and i have a feeling he is his equal , if he gets equal treatment at Red Bull.
Ferrari flatter to decieve in some things , great driver pairings and if the Ferrari gets more engine speed will threaten the top two.
Now we come to Merc what a disaster Bottas was nowhere to be seen and i think his days are numbered would not suprise me to see Russell pop up there very soon, and Lewis what a wally once Max was out all he had to do was follow Perez home and lead the championship by 14 points .
Mclaren need to improve if they want to be at least 3rd best team, Norris is having a good season but the car is not developing yet to be where they say they want to be,
Danny boy is looking rather like a has been lost the fire in his belly , really needs to find his old form very quickly or he will become a also ran.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
I think Bottas was let down by Mercedes. He played the team game and towed Hamilton around in Q3 but the favour was not returned and Bottas was forced to look for a tow himself and jumped on the back of Leclerc, which, as we now know didn’t work. It seems the atmosphere at Mercedes is a little toxic and Bottas is a very lonely man.
Regarding Hamilton’s error on the re-start, Mercedes claim, where he inadvertently triggered the “Magic” button, Toto says it wasn’t Hamilton’s fault because “Hamilton doesn’t make mistakes”. Utter balderdash!

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Andre Boillot in his Talbot at Maison Blanche during the 1921 French GP. Punctures were a problem for all competitors. One hundred years later, Pirelli tyres continue as a subject for discussion in F1...

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,604 Posts
I think Bottas was let down by Mercedes. He played the team game and towed Hamilton around in Q3 but the favour was not returned
I see selective prejudice mode is on again, watch Q3 again, there's a perfectly good reason why VB missed out here.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
An observation: the damaged tyre that we saw on Stroll's car looked to be a circumferential sidewall failure where the wall meets the tread. This is the sort of thing you get on a road car running under-inflated tyres. It was mentioned on tv commentary that repeated heat cycling of the tyres (such as we get behind safety cars) is not good for them and can lead to this sort of thing.

I do not think that Pirelli should get any stick for this as they were the only manufacturer willing to design tyres for F1 that would deliberately wear out and degrade. The other manufacturers shied away from the prospect of being associated with a high wear product.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I was wondering if anyone else has noted that the BBC news website seems to only show F1 headlines on its main page if Lewis has pole position or has won the race. If he hasn't done so, you have to go to the Sport page and click on Formula 1 for F1 news. I appreciate patriotism but there may be more people interested in F1 than cricket.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,604 Posts
You mean BBC actually has F1 news on the F1 page!...it's usually anything but. With it's Liberal diversity drive you see alsorts on there often nothing to do with F1 but in the interests of fair play and equality.....

1521 - 1540 of 1580 Posts