SlotForum banner

1561 - 1580 of 1580 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
BBC Sport interview with Stefano Domenicali here Stefano Domenicali: The man with Formula 1's future in his hands - BBC Sport

What I don't understand is why Mercedes left Bottas out on old hard tyres when most cars behind him, and then in front of him, had new soft tyres. At the moment the whole team seems to be completely of the pace and a little lost.
There have been some unusual decisions and reactions made by Mercedes of late, that’s for certain. Following the Monaco debacle, I was very surprised to read that Toto had claimed that Bottas was at least partly to blame as Bottas had missed his mark by 2-3cms. Bottas replied that 2-3cms is actually very good for any driver. It is not like Mercedes to air their dirty washing in public either.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I don't think you'll have too long a wait until they do.

I started off as a Jim Clark fan, having seen him win the 1964 British GP, then changed allegiance to Bruce McLaren as I learnt more about the sport.

Went off McLaren as a team with Ron Dennis at the helm and found myself following Ferrari but have to admit that I've returned to the McLaren fold with the current set-up and Lando in the driving seat.

Doesn't mean I have no interest in other drivers or teams but it's fun to have someone to cheer on!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,565 ·
I find I'm tending to cheer on a different driver each race these days, sometimes even changing during a race
I always use to follow a British driver from the days of James Hunt, probably as they always seemed, until Lewis, to be in the wrong team or the right team but the wrong time, either just to early or to late, or nothing ever seemed to go right for them.
At the moment I think the driver I hope will do well and have done for quite a while now is Perez. Mainly I think because I like his driving style and his ability to master the Pirelli tyres with the long runs he was able to do.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I must admit to being a (sometimes misguided) flag waver! :giggle:

Attachments

Reactions: Kevan

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,604 Posts
There's no shame in that, I'm an unashamed flash waver, if there isn't a decent Brit on the grid I'm not interested...thankfully that doesn't happen often.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
At the moment I think the driver I hope will do well and have done for quite a while now is Perez.
The policeman from Shetland?:)

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
The race was almost as interesting as a Formula E race!
o_O🏎🏎🏎
In the early series. Williams made all the batteries.

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Williams Advanced Engineering does still produce all the batteries for Formula E, it also produces them for Extreme E, the new Electric Touring Car series, the new Le Mans Daytona Hybrid class and all sorts of other applications including Aircraft and HGV vehicles.

David

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I see now there is a video on YouTube where hamilton says he is confused. So if he is I suppose many others will be as well.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,604 Posts
There's nowt more confusing than a confusing post about confusion...you're right, we're all confused!

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Well I didn't really wish to propagate but as you insist

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Hamilton already gets confused when there’s a car in front of him: “how come we’re not in the lead?”

Hat, coat I’m out of here :D

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,604 Posts
I'm convinced their strategy team don't wear Mercedes uniform.

1561 - 1580 of 1580 Posts