SlotForum banner
1961 - 1980 of 2032 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Toto : Lewis, Valtteri is faster than you, pull your finger out!

Toto: Valtteri, please slow down and let Lewis have the fastest lap, you know he’ll throw his toys out of the pram and make my life hell if you don’t let him have it.

Valtteri: OK, I was only playing around

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Another fairly boring race from what i saw , the C4 coverage was not that great suppose local telly decided what to focus on, Max and Lewis , any other passing move was put in a little box then shown , but then straight back to Max and Lewis again.
Lewis would do himself a favour and cut the chat out moaning about his tyres then setting a fast lap, ok Merc stuffed up the stratagy , no use moaning about it sort it out behind closed doors.
Bottas looked like he has just about had enogh of being Lewis's pet and starting to kick over the traces, where ever he goes next season he can take some pride from his time at Merc.
Max was in another league that car looked super to drive , Gasly once again showed how well he's come along, and there is life in ole Alonso yet.
Mc laren what a dissaster Norris looked well out of it and finishing 10th has not helped him this year especially with Ferrari and Leclerk looking a lot better.and Danny boy well would never suprise me if he did not drive for Mclaren next year looks a shadow of his former self.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,883 Posts
Max had that race in the bag yesterday, there was no way he wasn't going to win bar problems.

Fastest lap point wasn't in any danger once Lewis got a set of softs on as he's been miles quicker than his team mate.

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
There were many 'positives' I took away from coverage of Zandvoort yesterday, apart from the amazing support in orange for Max.

A couple of camera angles relayed pictures time and again that conveyed the speed, and lateral forces, achieved by today's F1 cars. Utterly mesmerising.

It also occurred to me that it's five years since Lewis and Nico were slugging it out. Yep, another five years have ticked past!

I will now mark Max's victory with breakfast.

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
Monza soon, chaps! Half a century has passed since that famous finish when Peter Gethin won in the BRM. Five cars within feet of each other when the flag fell...

There are YouTube clips of the race. Most worthwhile if you haven't watched it previously.

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Monza soon, chaps! Half a century has passed since that famous finish when Peter Gethin won in the BRM. Five cars within feet of each other when the flag fell...

There are YouTube clips of the race. Most worthwhile if you haven't watched it previously. View attachment 281417
Where did those 50 years go? It was an incredible finish.

Reactions: Trisha and HiFi

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
Mike

I've no idea where those 50 years went, either. 1971, eh! And now it's 2021.

For my part I'm just as daft now, so I might just have well stayed in 1971. Or 1961 for that matter...

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,883 Posts
It's official, George Russell has joined Mercedes for 2022.

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
"Jeeves, you could have blown me over with a capital F. The Culture Committee at the Drones' Club actually voted NOT to evict that bally Gasly fellow for wearing that even more bally cap of his the wrong bally way round."

"I can't say I'm surprised, Sir...'

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
It's official, George Russell has joined Mercedes for 2022.
It will be interesting to see how short a leash they keep young Georgie boy on or will they really allow their drivers to race? I have a feeling that George will not be so biddable as Valtteri somehow.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I hope Russell will give Hamilton a hell of a fight, like Rosberg.
But don't know what the purpose for Alfa with Bottas...

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,977 ·
If you are one of the back marker teams I think you have to be very lucky and find a Russell or you get an experienced driver to help with development along with a young hopeful, something Hass don't seem to have learnt yet.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,883 Posts
Mazespin thinks he has priority over the others

1961 - 1980 of 2032 Posts