Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All

Without asking for your secret setups, what is currently working for you in Formula 1 cars.

Here in SA, the local club (wooden with magnabraid) is being ruled by the following mod Scally F1.

It is the new Trulli machine, with Slot.it 26k motor and an aftermarket slightly thicker bar magnet in the stock location.

This car is soo smooth and light that it is cleaning up in all its races. The light weight is giving the Scally cars a noticeable advantage.

In the standard class, this car is slightly faster than the similar Toyota F1 too. Strange.

The only possible competition comes from the Scally IRL cars. These have the similar guide, similar wheelbase, but wider track. The Ninco F1 are not too popular, as they seem to explode on heavy impact.

What works on your side ?

Thanks

T

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
running a ninco powered by an RS 35k scaleauto and geared up for stupid acceleration, I reakon would give a mclaren a good run for 0 - explosion

·
Registered
19 Posts
In Spain the king is the Jordan 197 from Ninco, powered with NC6 and a rear axle from Slot.It, although the Ninco's Ferrari and Arrows got too good results with the same tuning.

Something important, here nobody runs with magnet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
For me?

Challengers League (no mags allowed, weight is, stock other than that):
Ninco CART, fronts turned down outer diameter slightly bigger than inside diameter, 20gms of lead added mostly under the chassis forward of the motor aft of the guide, rear tirs glued with rubberized black CYA, and trued, axle checked for straightness (rolled on glass), NC5 motor - hole popped in label, run-in in water at 9v for 3 hours, then dried and Voodoo drops applied to commutator. Bushings, motor glued in with same CYA glue. Car run on test block with toothpaste on gears, then washe dried and relubed.

Masters League (more mods allowed, still no magnets):
Old SCX Minardi, Slot.It V12/2b (29k rpm) set into epoxy on chassis. Slot.it axle, and yellow aluminum hub gear, JK8738D foam tires on drilled aluminium hubs, lead weight applied to underside of chassis between halfway down motor to guide. front axle is drill blank with Slot.It small hubs and Gom ultra low profile tires glued on. Slot.It wood track guide trimmed down, and TSRF braids.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Oh dear! so my early scalex front engined lotus with RX motor isnt going to cut it anymore?

lobby.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
What is it with Jordan and large breasts?

Not that I'm complaining!

Trevor, here are some pictures of my modified SCX Jordan 193, reliveried as a 1992 Sasol Jordan Yamaha 192:-

The chassis is a very simple flexi-board design, using 1.6mm thick brass plate, 18 gauge main rails and a central pivot. The side pans are hinged to create plumber movement and can also move from side to side.

In order to get as much weight as close to the wheels as possible, the front suspension parts were integrated into the chassis and hold the front pillow blocks. The rear pillow blocks were designed to represent the rear brake ducts and spaced as far apart as possible.

Since so much of the chassis is exposed, just like real F1 cars, the entire chassis was powder-coated in black.

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
458 Posts
old style chassis jordan (black mgned in bottem of chassis, mag replaced with scaley thick, SC07 fitted this thing goes so fast
. Superb car, very hardwearing too, i crash at full throttle and it diddent destroy itself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts