SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
....where's the "yawn" icon?

McLaren and Williams? "Also rans" now....

Another circuit has a bridge, although the pavement isn't used in anger anymore... would be interesting if it was!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Thinking of that one how did they manage when they did a lap of the banking then a lap through the forest every lap? If you were being a bugger couldn't you block the other guy out so he had to do two "half" laps or something.. I must be missing something.

·
Registered
773 Posts
...interesting free training results today with a sauber on 2nd place
- seems Bridgestone has the best tire for the rain-race we might expect this weekend...
And as usual MS made best time...
And Jordan performed well in the rain!

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
QUOTE (Eno Dog @ 8 Oct 2004, 01:04)Thinking of that one how did they manage when they did a lap of the banking then a lap through the forest every lap? If you were being a bugger couldn't you block the other guy out so he had to do two "half" laps or something.. I must be missing something.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't they split the main straight with cones so that it directed the cars either into the banking or onto the road section - not sure this would be allowed in todays safety conscious times.

David

·
Registered
316 Posts
This thread has got me thinking of what are the best track features around the globe, that lend themselves to great racing. I never read the first explanation of the question correctly. Having just read it a gain - I see the aim... However

A few examples

As- previously mentioned - Eua Rouge... awesome - Ive planned that into my now delayed track..

I dont plan to have a fly over in my home circuit, and I doubt the flyover on Suzka has any actual bearing on the racing... Its a feature, but what does it add to the track and the racing

A cork-screw - the difficult series of long turns at the Chinese grand prix, that left a few drivers helpess... has anyone got that planned into their circuit?

Banking, like at the the Indy road course, Im definatly gonna opt for a few of them in my track plan.

Does anyone have chicanes, like Goodwood or a Bus stop like Spa? Im planning a rather large Busstop, using scaley digital. to the point where Im going to have only 1 lane usable through it, the other will be coned off. It will mean an off if you dont change lanes prior to the series of corners.

Any more?

Cheers
CoolS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts