SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
(Originally this post was longer than this)

I just wondered if anybody had any thoughts on the use of F1 tyres in GT and WSC?

Personally I disagree with using them for aesthetic reasons. I believe they provide more grip than lower profile tyres and that you will need the same setup if you don't want to be at a disadvantage.

It didn't sound like everybody agreed with that opinion on Friday?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Mark,,,I have F1 hubs & tyres on my red Spirit Courage & whilst the car goes well enough, its never going to thrash the likes of you with me driving it !
I recall Merv Palmer once saying that sheer width was,nt everything (ooh vicar),!! its all in the eye,the touch,& the overall preparation.

So, sorry, cant support your opinion.

Regards, Robert

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (panhardfan @ 18 May 2011, 18:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mark,,,I have F1 hubs & tyres on my red Spirit Courage & whilst the car goes well enough, its never going to thrash the likes of you with me driving it !
I recall Merv Palmer once saying that sheer width was,nt everything (ooh vicar),!! its all in the eye,the touch,& the overall preparation.

So, sorry, cant support your opinion.

Regards, Robert
Thanks for replying.

The tyres are softer effectively because of the extra depth of rubber around the hub. See how things progress but I suspect you might see the quickest cars using F1 hubs.

Cheers,
Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts