Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
I'm totally new to F1 so please excuse me if this is old hat
This website has some nice pictures of most of the cars that participated in each year. It isn't enough to build by but there is enough there to let you know if the car might interest you. This particular page is 1964 but if you look alongside the 1964 number in the heading you'll see an arrow. The right side arrow takes you to 1965 while the left side arrow takes you to 1963. I think you can figure out where to go from there

·
DT
5,195 Posts
That's cool. Haven't seen that before - but then again there are so many F1 sites.

Interesting to see the '60s and then 1970 - the difference in styles.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Very useful link, Bill. Thanks!

Here's another link to a website that has sideview profile drawings of all the Formula One cars from 1950 to 2003. It takes a while load....

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
721 Posts
QUOTE but then again there are so many F1 sites

Yes but some sites have stood the test of time and continue to stand out.

Russell how do I get in touch with the webmaster of the site you mention. I could use a couple of the side views on my site.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Awesome site a Bill
..all the cars listed, info and much more. I must say that they used to do much better looking cars back then. Today all the cars look about the same..kind of boring don´t you think
. Anyway...thanks for the "tip"

regards

Eric

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Dennis,

I suspect that the drawings were done by Pierre Menard and scanned from his book "The Great Encyclopedia of Formula 1 - 1950-2000: 51 Years of Formula 1".

Kind regards,

Russell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts