SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some picture's of my new pit lane along with some of folk in the stands, comments, criticism and questions welcome. Kind Regards Jason

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The bulk of the figure's are Preiser, there's about 10 sets of the paint yourself kits, 15 figure's for around £20, the pre-painted figure's from Preiser are a fair bit more expensive, not much less, for sets of only 3 or 4. I also have figure's from Marx, Airfix, MRRC, Scalextric and maybe some others, probably in the region of 300 figures in the Grandstand alone. Regards Jason

·
Prof I T
11,162 Posts
hi
comments and criticism= wow, fantastic job..

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the kind comment's, here's a few more picture's of the crowd. The Grandstands are made by Carrera, the pit buildings beneath by Bauer, the Pit Walls are a mix of Fly and Slot Track Scenics, the STS ones have the catch fence and loudspeakers. Kindest Regards Jason

·
Ian
99 Posts
I'm just thinking of how long it must have taken to paint all those too
I'm useless at that sort of thing it takes me ages to do six figurines let alone 300!

Well Done

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They did take age's to paint, but spread over a couple of years, you certainly have to be in the mood for it, I hav'nt painted any for months and probably have somewhere in the region of 100 figure's waiting painting. Kind Regards Jason

·
Registered
108 Posts
Comment - A full house at your track! My hat's off to your marketing / promotions department they are doing a great job!

If I could only get half that kind of turnout for the races at my track I would be happy.

·
Horlicks Hero
1,940 Posts
I see Jesus Christ himself likes a spot of racing in his downtime

QUOTE (JasonVizor @ 3 Jun 2012, 17:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is certainly an impressive turnout. And it really adds a lot of life to the track.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Apart from Jesus, you may also find Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, Charles Manson, Burt Lancaster, Oliver Hardy, Steve Buscemi, Beyonce, James Stewart, Old Man Steptoe and Al Capone, and possibly many others hidden in the crowd. Happy Hunting Jason

·
Prof I T
11,162 Posts
hi
also see 1 figure that did not need much painting at all,and what a figure it is.

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Terrific collection of figures. Great mixture too. I notice a few of the Marx circus and gangster figures have made their way into the stands. And they don't stand out as being wrong or anything. Just adds to the collection of characters.

Only suggestion would be a matte spray over them. The shine is letting them down where the light falls on them.

Embs

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Wow! That's what i call a track. Very well done. Fantastic. Do you have any more pics of the rest of the circuit? Thanks for sharing. Mike

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Ember, Hi Guy's,
With reference to the shineyness, I did paint with matte acrylic paints but then to make the finish more durable, I dipped them in Johnsons Klear, hence the high level of shineyness. Would you use a spray can of matte varnish or apply with a brush so as to perhaps leave some bits still shiney, such as skin , leather jackets, shoes, etc?
Here's a picture of my circuit taken a while ago before the inclusion of the new pit lane, progress is very slow, I hope to finish it sometime in the next couple of decades. Kind Regards Jason

·
Horlicks Hero
1,940 Posts
Hello, Jason. What are those green squares made from ? I am currently looking for ideas for coverings for my new portable boards, and those look promising, assuming they are readily available, reasonably priced, durable, and don't shed like a mangy housecat. My current plan is to raid the local carpet stores for some sort of green office carpet amongst their roll ends, but I'm willing to consider alternatives. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hello Stoooo,
The green squares are carpet tiles, they could not have been cheaper, I salvaged them from a Skip in work, still in thier packets. I've priced them on ebay a while ago and I found similar for about £40 for 20. Hope thats of some help. Kind Regards Jason

1 - 20 of 44 Posts