SlotForum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
one final word to moped in this out of the way corner of the forum, and then i'm done;

Moped - you read the negative and positive things people say about scalextric, and still think well of the company. So do we (generally, wankel may not!).

Some of the negative comments are justified, and I am sure scalextric appreciate it because then they can see where they can improve. Some opinions are rubbish too, and when they are, we can make our minds up as well as you.

You are not the official spokesperson from scalextric, scalextric monitor the board themselves. If they wish not to respond to a comment on here about their products, you should respect their wishes.

And when you have something to say about their products - please give us your negative as well as postive opinions, rather than just the good points. A balanced report is better than a sales pitch, the latter is patronising as if we need to be tricked into liking scalextric.

I think the company have done amazing things in the past 5 years especially, their products are great, but nothing is perfect. I understand they do not wish to rest on their laurals yet, and so constructive criticism is what is needed from YOU as well as everyone else.

Ok I intend to shut up on the matter now folks! sorry for the interruption

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Some good points there. "Astro for Moderator!" the cry goes up!

Perhaps this thread should have been headed ...Fact , Opinion or Rumour? That would have been very interesting but as this theme has been taken up on the `What slot car is missing` thread perhaps we`ll leave it there. Goes to show though you should always look at every thread because the title can often be misleading... now about that story about Inte and the pink sheep!

·
Registered
349 Posts
(I will use my best schoolboy debates society experience here if you will allow...)

I stand on a point of order Mr. Moderator(s),

When a member kindly asks for Moderators to turn their backs on a subject it is often the first sign to double the attention to the thread and put it out of its misery before it either offends the bedickens out of someone or bores the entire board to death...

On such point Mr. Moderator (s), I hereby reuqest this topic be locked and removed for its value in terms of Slot Cars is nil!

I shall stand down now, but be prepared for the odd heckle from the audience if this discussion goes on much longer (not further mind you, this would suggest some form of accomplishment!).

Ken R

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Your 'first sign' pointer does ring a few alarm bells, Ken!
But we can't win can we.
When we do close one, people complain and when we don't, people complain!
This one seems quite good tempered and harmless as long as one retains a healthy SOH and we do like to give a reasonable amount of leeway.
That isn't a challenge, btw!

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
QUOTE Moped - you read the negative and positive things people say about scalextric, and still think well of the company. So do we (generally, wankel may not!).

Mumble... damn L88... mumble...

Mumble... broken GT-40s in the post...

Mumble... CLK headlights...

But hey, I get all the carp ones just so you guys get all the good ones.

No. No need to thank me.

It's a dirty job but someone, yah-di-yah-di-yah....

I'm just waiting to see in what way my Maserati is defective when it arrives, I mean it ain't going to have a gurney flap or lights so how they going to ruin it for me?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts