SlotForum banner

Faller AMS

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Julian_Boolean 
#1 ·
Well the nights are drawing in again so it's time to get back into the garage and continue with the "italian job track" (a long term project so don't expect a quick build)...anyway after getting the track layout about right I have been thinking of using Faller AMS track rather than afx track as I can get more roadlike features and a variety of hairpins which will lend themselves to a mountainous terrain (and it is already grey so I wouldn't have to paint it). I want to do this soon before I start sticking the afx track down

Anyway..has anyone had any experience of this track and give me any advice...I will be running T-jets on it as I've abandoned the idea of tomy or tyco cars as the scale is just too big (although will keep a few magnatraction chassis for use with by bit chat-g bodies I have) and I want to get the cars to slide a bit more like non magnet 1/32 cars.

And if I decide to do the swap I have a shed load of afx track and a few cars to get rid of

#3 ·
Thanks Ron,

I checked out your blog earlier this year and started having thoughts about using ams track then as they have so many more interesting track sections and track can be picked up at reasonable prices from germany (although not as cheap as afx track) and postage to the UK is reasonable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.