SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alfred neubauer, manager of Mercedes Racing, who in the 30's devised the use of flags and boards to communicate with drivers while racing:

Ken Miles and Carrol Shelby:

Enzo Ferrari himself:

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
I like your pit stalls and the viewing area for the fans on top. Do you have any more pics of it? I am in the design stage for mine and would like to incorprate some of your ideas rather than re-invert the wheel.

Thanks

bill

·
Registered
86 Posts
Bill,

Here are additional 1/24th pit building photos. By changing the static cars, we can replicate different times in Motor sport History to fit are 12 different classes which represent eras from the 1950's to the present. By the way we are constatnly adding figures to give the pits that busy appearance.

1950's:

1960's

1990's NASCAR

Present time GT race

And an individual pit stall

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for all the compliments, guys.

For those familiar with the American Stack car racing scene, here's, in his younger days, in the '60's, Richard Petty standing next to Il Commodantere Ferrari who's extolling the performance virtues of a TR-250.

For those familiar with the Indy circuit, the fat guy in the background arguing with a USAC official (United State Auto Club, a big deal 50 yrs ago) is Andy Granattelli, a most important fellow in American oval racing then.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Colin Chapman & Jimmy clark. The lotus 25 By the way, I built this Lotus 25 way back in 1964 when it was raced at club tracks in Los Angeles. Hence the "well raced" look.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.