Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just worked oput that my track layout in Carrera will cost me just over £580 - not including electrical!

I'm thinking of doing it on a wooden base instead now and cutting into it for the slot.

I've figured that copper strips can be laid for the power.

Just curious about it at the moment... Is there and resources on building one up from scratch.

This way I have have a fully customised layout in my loft

The parent have said I can have as much of the loft as I want to clear out and floor.

Ian Gunter

·
Registered
93 Posts
QUOTE (iwgunter @ 21 Oct 2004, 16:23)Just worked oput that my track layout in Carrera will cost me just over £580 - not including electrical!

I'm thinking of doing it on a wooden base instead now and cutting into it for the slot.

I've figured that copper strips can be laid for the power.

Just curious about it at the moment... Is there and resources on building one up from scratch.

This way I have have a fully customised layout in my loft

The parent have said I can have as much of the loft as I want to clear out and floor.

Ian Gunter
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can go to http://www.oldslotracer.com - lots of examples and resources available.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I worked out that my wood track will cost me a quarter of what plastic will cost (that here in South Africa) including the electronics. That's only for a 10m 2 lane one.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
have you had a chance to build and race on your curcuit design? I have only tried plastic track so far, but on the larger curcuits I have done, I am always realising what could be better about a curve, noticing that a gradient causes too many crashes, thinking of ways to extend the straight etc... and can modify the track!

With routed, you pretty much have to get it right the first time. I have heard of people building the layout in plastic to test it before building in wood.

If cost is the ONLY factor (wood tracks are very different from plastic), then you should look on ebay and consider second hand plastic track too...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts