SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,301 Posts
Behave JB!

I had brakes on Cherwell 1, had to stop at the top of the hill so as not to his the hedge on the first decent.

I think we should all race what we got put on, I HATED the badly joined ninco raid, but every other car I competed against had to tackle it too.

I'm actually in favour of water splashes, talc, cocoa powder etc. would add to the excitement and stop Tarmac rally cars (such as ninco 911s) having too much of an advantage.

At the end of the day, the hosting club should be encouraged to vary the stages as much as possible during an event. Oxford had a good variety in their mix.

4,301 Posts
My motor is as the car arrived from Pendles. It just got REALLY manky, Russ reckoned it picked up some Manx Badger fur on The legendary Tholt-y-wil. It just stopped working properly and let me down really badly on the day. You saw how slow it went compared to Ray and Dave's 131s when they were flat out - could barely clear the dead strips on Cherwell 2.

I'm with you on the "standard" idea. Perhaps we could try it at a club event - basic Parma, basic car etc, very one sets a time with it. Perhaps add your best lap to each of yor championship cars totals or something.

See you at Pendle mate

4,301 Posts
Sorry Dave, meant to tell you and all that...............

Haven't got any beer muffins, so I may well wear my cider visor - I can't drive any better when I'm wearing it,but by the time I've drunk enough for it to kick in, I don't care!

I can imagine it's a right handful running the NSR Porsche without brakes, but to echo Spangy, it levels the playing field a bit where the NSR leaves my poor little ancient SCX's for dead on the wide open sweeping tracks.

It'll be a grand day out, and the usual experts will show their skills regardless of what track is under them. I do however think the Farnham club's intention of clearly marking each stage's properties will be a lot fairer to those who's cars (and championship challenging positions) are more affected by those properties. All will be running under the same conditions.

Looking forward to a good day out and being on the end of Mr Angold's Manx inspired wit. ;o) See you Sunday gang.

4,301 Posts
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 20 Sep 2012, 17:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hafren is easier than the M25 in heavy rain - there's only one idiot at a time on Hafren.
Only at rally times JB!!!!! during normal times, our cousins in mid Wales have a rather interesting take on sharing the road with oncoming users. I.E. they rarely share. And usually have either an old pug with fake rally bits on it, or an import Pajero with bald tyres.

On a positive note, good forecast for Saturday, wet and windy for Sunday. So that'll be a monsoon tomorrow and a drought on Sunday, if the Met Office's record holds good.

4,301 Posts
A grand day out, and very nice to put some more faces to names/forum monikers.

Well done all for your hard work in putting on the event. Good food and a good pint of Fuller's just put the tin lid on the day.
Just wish I hadn't driven so badly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.