SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
540 Posts
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 13 Jul 2012, 11:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don't care if the stages have brakes or not, it's rallying not short circuit racing, people will be moaning about bumpy tracks next

Yeh I thought some of the tracks at Oxford were a bit bumby

I don't care if they have brakes or not, makes absolutely no difference as it's the same for everyone

By the way, I would like to come to this one but really can't afford the fuel costs, I can afford to share though so if someone has a seat spare and is coming past junction 29 of the M1 then let me know

· Registered
540 Posts
QUOTE (mtucker666 @ 13 Jul 2012, 11:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pasiro - if you can get to Northampton (just off J15) on the M1 happy to drive you the rest of the way to Farnham

Thanks, I think I can manage Northhampton, used to go down there quite regularly with Radio Controlled trucks

Better put me (PAUL ROACH) down for that last place then please Gareth

· Registered
540 Posts
I don't know if it's just me but I'd prefer not to know which has the brakes, we should be able to figure it out our selves in a couple of corners, isn't rallying all about not knowing what to expect next and having to adjust your driving style as you go aong?

· Registered
540 Posts
QUOTE (Spangy46 @ 14 Jul 2012, 21:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think I need a degree in electronics even to read that Alan,

And I thought I was the only one who didn't understand stuff like that

QUOTE (Spangy46 @ 14 Jul 2012, 21:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I realise I must be tho only plonker that:

a) runs the engine that comes with the car when purchased
runs a standard parma controller with only a trigger
c) never know if a track has brakes or not, I just drive 'em!

a ) apart from modified and maybe pro the rules say we had to run the same motors anyway!
b ) that's all I run and quite a few in my group
c ) I can normally tell on a big track but I hadn't a clue last week

Didn't they all have brakes

QUOTE (Spangy46 @ 14 Jul 2012, 21:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Howabout a stage with a standard boxed car, tyres etc. (obviously no magnet) and basic controller for everybody to use just for a laugh?

Chris

Apart from the tyres most classes are box standard. And most of the people I saw were running standard parma controllers

· Registered
540 Posts
According to Wiki it didn't come R5 Turbo didn't come out until 1980 which means it has to be 80's, doesn't it?
Unless it's a Renault 5 and not a turbo, in which case it could be 70's, I bet it says on the box which rally and when, if Lee still has it

· Registered
540 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 25 Aug 2012, 15:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Perhaps the cut-off point should be changed to 1978. Rallying went through a lot of changes around 1979-1982 and as things stand Classic is neither arthur nor martha.

But greater changes were made for Group B in 82 (I think) maybe that should be the cut off point

I think for those who attend these meetings they would mostly say that it works well as it is, if it aint broken etc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.