SlotForum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
All the local tracks/stages set up and working only one will require a stopwatch.

Still space - so if you fancy having a go just pop down to the club at 0830.

Thanks to all who helped set up today - very much appreciated.

See you in the morning.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Thanks to those who attended, and thanks to all who helped out building and then dismantling tracks - much appreciated.

Hope you all had a good time, and please add September 23rd 2012 to your calendar for the next Farnham Slotrally.

Regards

Lawrence

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Firstly thanks to Gareth and the lads at Farnham for hosting the event

good days slot rallying, hope you all enjoyed it as much as me

day ran very well with smaller groups using all the stages, as Mr Loeb has said good mixture but one or two did lack brakes

Well done to Phil Field on another clean sweep and to Wayne aslo walking away with 3 trophies
also to one of my other Oxford teammates in Alan Davies on manageing 4th in Modified well done Alan

Hope to see you all at Wye Valley on November 6th hope to have a surprise or two

John

·
Matt Tucker
3,561 Posts
thank you to the Farnham club for putting on the event.

Thought after the Oxford round the Field domination had been broken but he came back with avengance today. However I noted a number of useful tips and tricks especially liked the way he managed to get lap timers to malfunction during a particulary bad run allowing him another go!!

See you in Nov.

Matt

·
Phil B.
3,775 Posts
I`d just like to add my thanks and congratulations to the Farnham crew on running a thoroughly enjoyable, slick event.

Enough time for lunch and a chinwag and the results very quickly presented along with the trophies. Great work lads

"Thought after the Oxford round the Field domination had been broken but he came back with avengence today. However I noted a number of useful tips and tricks especially liked the way he managed to get lap timers to malfunction during a particulary bad run allowing him another go!!"

God smiles on the righteous Matt

Cheers - Phil

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Thanks to all for coming. I think the event went smoother this year, still valuable leasons to be learned for next time and we will do better.

A big thank you to David Lord from "Circuits to Scale" for bringing his routed track and setting it up so quickly.

A big thank you to Phil Barry and Phil Field from Wye Valley for bringing along their track (sorry i got the stage name wrong!)

A big pat on the back for all the guys from Farnham who helped set up and dismantle so quickly and efficently with a special thanks to Lawrence for all his hard work and efforts.

Thanks to my daughter for handing out the awards!

Provisional results from Farnham below. Most (if not all) championship registered entrants scored championship points.

Farnham Provisional Results - Classic Rally Class - Sponsored by Teamslot

Farnham Provisional Results - 80's Rally Class - Sponsored by SCX

Farnham Provisional Results - Super 1600 Rally Class

Farnham Provisional Results - Modern Rally Class

Farnham Provisional Results - Pro-Stock Rally Class - Sponsored by MSC

Farnham Provisional Results - Modified Rally Class

All results provisional until Monday 3rd October - Please let me know any errors or questions before that time so i can update the overall Championship standings.

Photos will follow.

For those who wish to have a look at specific times more closely you can download the spread sheet;
View attachment Farnham_slot_rally_data.xls

Gareth

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
A few pics from the day;
Blue Hills Stage.

Circuits to Scale stage.

Lawrence's Mountain stage.

SCX Scenic Loop (classic and new SCX track).

Close up of the Scenic loop end.

Ninco Stage.

Ninco Bar Stage.

Set up shot of car flying over Ninco Bar stage - this happened many times and the cars continued into the slot!

Overview with car park on the right.

Typical stage event.

Wye Valley Stage.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
And now for the winners pics;

Alec Edge.

Jim Moyes.

John Underwood.

Kane Tilley.

Matt Tucker.

Phil Field.

Phil Barry.

Russel Powell.

Wayne Goble.

Congrats to those who took home the trophies - way too many went to Wales and Liphook!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I think I am going to end up regretting it, but I have decided after the excellent time I had at the weekend at the Farnham round of the Slot rally GB, to build a routed rally track.

The chevron shows the direction of climb and descent.

Opinions please.

Progress pics will be posted on the Alton and Winchester club part of SF.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts