SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
QUOTE O I see the opinions are divided, between long lasting members. This can be fun.

Just interested... why do you want to know?

A lot depends on how the car is set up and driven... but mostly driven.

Greenman62

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
QUOTE (dutchdog @ 23 Mar 2012, 13:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>O I see the opinions are divided, between long lasting members. This can be fun.
It would be a surprise if they all agreed!
Manufacturers often use similar running gear and chassis under several different bodies, so the differance in performance can be quite small.
The best on one type of track isn't necessarily the best on another.
Driver's personal preference comes into it.
Two of the same type of car don't always go the same. This can enough difference to outweigh the inherent difference between bodies.

I agree with Greenman62 - exactly how you set up the car can make a lot of differance.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well.. want to know which cars are RTR very fast out of the box, as started collecting these cars for my own track.
Mostly versions with factory tuned parts and very fast out of box motors. I basicly want the "best" car out of a few brands, to match them up for fun.

Maybe I should phrase differently and ask which cars have your clubs record.

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
QUOTE Maybe I should phrase differently and ask which cars have your clubs record.

Again... it depends... on who's driving and how the car is setup. In our group we have some very adept drivers who can make a Basset run like Greyhound while others can make the Greyhound run like a Basset. Personally, I can make a Greyhound run like mutt with relatively fast parents.
Besides we don't keep "records" each season we race different spec cars... sometimes we run an IROC-like series with spec cars provided.

Greenman62

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi,

I think fast is not just straight line speed but how it corners as well.The whole trick is to go as fast as possible but to keep it on the track.

My lap record is held by a Scalex Renault F1(blue and yellow one) although a much older Kotzing Brabham is not far behind.

Cheeers
Bryan

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
As many people fiddle with their cars and add bits, I assume you mean stock 'out of the box' ? I don't agree that it's only how a car is driven that makes it the fastest, as there are also objective factors that exist in design and effort by the manufacturer.

Ninco: Ascari

Slot It: McLaren

Scalex: MG Lola

Fly: 2nd generation (magnet in pod under chassis) Viper

NSR: Too many car set up variations to wade through

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
All non-magnet:

NSR Mosler
Slot.it Alfa - the Lancia is fast too
ScaleAuto Toyota GT-One
Spirit Reynard Sport

Then there's (big) a gap to most other brands I have, although the Ninco Ascari sts in the middle of that gap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts