SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

OK, who knows the fastest or (in their opinion) best motor which will fit into the same hole as this?

It's not to trick the scrutineers or anything so it can look different (have seen some with closed cans or red end bells). I just want to know a good motor to replace the SCX one in a GT car.

Lotus

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
The one with the red endbell is the teamslot one If you want a quicker one I'll rewind one for you If your up for the preston porsche race Ill bring my cadilac and you can frighten your self

·
Registered
398 Posts
Well I know a Parma super 16D arm will fit in tha tSCX motor case and endbell. And I believe they are rated at around 60k plus. Should scare you a bit to run that in there if thats what you want.

I have one on the bench right now and that one sounds real good. Unless you just want another motor can and end bell to be different.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Larry LS:

Have you run the SCX / Parma Super 16D in a chassis yet? How solid are the endbells? Will they stand the wear and tear of 80,000+ RPM? I have a few large diameter 27single ProSlot and Koford arms that I want to put into a smaller can configuration. I'm trying to avoid adapting a cut-down Fox or TSRF can for these armatures.

Bob S.

G

·
lotus03 I think the Pro Turbo is faster than the Pro Tubo Plus. and if you take the brushes out of an old standard black SCX motor and pop them into your new Pro Tubo you will find you can ad your fav motor stuff without burning the comm.

V12 will fit with adptor from Pendle or if you want to use the SCX Dmoe you can do this mod
Tunning SCX Dome

Phil

·
Registered
398 Posts
Endbell drive; No! I have not tryed the SCX with the S16d in it yet, as I have no need right now with the 1/32nd cars I am building for one that hot, so far. I may try it in a 1/24th Nascar set up or a Tran-Am type car in a while.

I was just experimenting with one and saw it would work but it would be a handful for a 1/32nd car. But a lot lighter weight and smaller than a standard 16D can in which it should be a better handlling car then.

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Larry I and one or two at slot tech have tried a 16d in the scx can , the mags arnt up to the job nor is the end bell,Jims went smokies in a very big way last year .Usualy I rewind these with UK 36 swg 100 to 120 turns gives a good speed and lots of punch turns about 41k on the 100 turn ,36 ish on the 120 depending on advance.

·
Registered
549 Posts
QUOTE one or two at slot tech have tried a 16d in the scx can , the mags arnt up to the job nor is the end bell,Jims went smokies in a very big way last year .Usualy I rewind these with UK 36 swg 100 to 120 turns gives a good speed and lots of punch turns about 41k on the 100 turn ,36 ish on the 120 depending on advance.

Its a foreign language isn't it!!

Aaron

·
Registered
714 Posts
It's usually worth the effort to learn a foreign language, even pure technical language, if we want to progress and improve.
We are very lucky to have a great bunch of guys here, only too willing to interpret where necessary. It's surprising how it gradually falls into place with enough exposure and help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.