SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Yesterday I took delivery of two brand new O2 hall sensors the type on the flat ribbon cable for the C chip.
They arrived packaged in the original Slot it packaging as expected.
I opened them, tested them and they wouldn't work, neither would respond when driven over the s/f magnets on my track. After testing them on several C chips without success the only conclusion is they are faulty, I wondered if they were part of a faulty batch. The retailer is emailing Slot it to ask if anything in this regard has been reported.
So I wondered if anyone on here had experienced this?

Dave

·
ParrotGod
9,269 Posts
Hi Dave
No, nothing like this. My experience has been a bit the opposite with the Hall sensors being too sensitive and being triggered by the solenoids in the lane changers and/or power taps.

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Dave,
Just to exclude the obvious, you're not plugging it into the lighting socket perchance? I have a vague recollection that there was an error in the manual diagram a year or more ago.
Hi Chris, no chance, I have about 35 of these C chips and have recently been connecting lights up to them so which socket is which is will imprinted in my head.

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Dave
No, nothing like this. My experience has been a bit the opposite with the Hall sensors being too sensitive and being triggered by the solenoids in the lane changers and/or power taps.
Hi Gio, never seen that behaviour mate...... I have also never seen one misbehave before in this way but these two just do not function. I'll have to see if Maurizio has some info on it, bad batch maybe! I cannot see these being the only two that don't work straight out the factory, too coincidental I would have thought

1 - 6 of 6 Posts