SlotForum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought a batch of 18 chips, so far I have fitted 10 and had two chips totally dead.

This is a 20% failure rate

Is this normal for retro F1 chips?

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
not my experience either.In the numerous chips i have purchased i have had one duff one.Rather than send it back i opted to send it to gmyers who fixed and upgraded it FOC in return for a bit of plugging..

·
Mark
735 Posts
i've chipped virtually every car i have and never had a duff chip. ok, never run anything more than standard but not had a dud before or after installation. but i suppose there might always be 1 out of a 100 that might slip through quality control. don't know much about the upgrade option but i'd want it replacing as only running standard 1.5 pb with pb pro.
my 10p's worth anyway lol

mark

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are being installed in standard cars, I've chipped close to a hundred cars and never had a dead chip either.

·
Digital "Tea Boy"
777 Posts
I got 5 a few weeks ago. One failure out of the box...20% failure rate on that occasion. Before that never had any issues....might be a bad batch floating around.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Were thay F1 chips as well? And where did you get them?

Wraith, where did you get yours from?

We ought to flag this to Scaley

·
Digital "Tea Boy"
777 Posts
QUOTE (RikoRocket @ 5 Jul 2011, 11:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Were thay F1 chips as well? And where did you get them?

Wraith, where did you get yours from?

We ought to flag this to Scaley

Yes, F1 Riko. And I think Colin and I got it from the same place, will check with him.

I've sent the chip to Margate already, waiting for a response....

Replaced the faulty chip with one of the 4 that was left and it worked 100%....

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
I'm sure Scalextric will change them, but we ought to know if there is a batch issue and warn them. Else these will continue to come down the line unchecked.

·
Robb
581 Posts
I've never had an issue with any C7005 or C7006 Chip.
Where did you buy them from?
Just take them back to the retailer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts