Slot It5026.88%
Spirit21.08%
Team Slot31.61%
Vanquish21.08%

·
Premium Member
5,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re-hashing Inte's poll with a few more options.

The software only allows fifteen choices so if there are any other brands you want to give a thumbs-up to you'll have to do it in the text of a post.

·
Registered
773 Posts
...well done to remodel the poll - but it's a tough decision! None of them is producing scrap - ok, one (Artin IMHO) produces cars which are not on today's level. But all the others are more or less worth their money!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I like my Proslot cars also, 911 GT2, Ferrari 360, and Toyota GT1. They handle very well with out magnets, probably due to their sticky tires and rubber mounted motor pod. The Toy GT1 handles great with mags too, but I had to add a few more.
I voted for Monogram, they are not the fastest, but it's hard to beat their combination of smoothness, detail, and price. I also like their choice of cars because I'm a yank.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Aargh !
It is not possible to answer such a question.

Best for what ? Detail ? Driveability ? Value for money ? Choice of models ? I don't have ONE favourite make. I simply like each one for their own merits.

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
another vote for Proslot

·
Registered
876 Posts
I voted for Scalextric simply because of the range of cars they make...from NASCAR to vintage GP's - plus I like using the Dallara & F3000 chassis/running gear for my clear-bodied "scratchers".

Don't write off Artin...their new Saleen is much better detailed and not a bad non-magnet car (yes, it does have one, but it's better at attracting dust than metal) for layouts with not so long straights. It has as much guide rotation as a Slot.It which is one of the keys to having a good non-magnet racer...pop in a better motor or just put on a clear body and you'll be surprised at it's performance.

·
Registered
486 Posts
SCX - mostly because their F1's run very well on my MDF track - so NO MAGNETS- straight out of the box, and the RX motor is quiet, and there's a decent enough range to choose from, and the front wheels turn in the corners, regrettably everything a Scalex F1 car isn't.

Only got one Proslot (alfa 156), so cannot compare and just 4 Ninco's, though about 60 Scalex - many varieties and ages.

Just me two old pennies worth.

Not made in the UK though, but then what is. sigh.............

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
`Sorry... I'm passing on this poll. I really don't have a "favorite" manufacturer. There's somethings positive and somethings negative for all of them...

My favorite manuafcturer is the one that produces a great copy of the car I want for my collection.

Greenman62

·
Registered
120 Posts
QUOTE (Rail Racer @ 26 Sep 2005, 14:59)I would vote for Slot Classic closely followed by Slot Indy and Phoenix Racecars.
As all three of these companies build wonderfully slot cars.

Jeff.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd vote for Slot Classic as well Jeff. They may not be the most accurate, the cheapest, the fastest or the most popular subjects but they are all works of art. I'm a firm believer that everyone should have at least one Slot Classic car in their collection!

Syd

·
Registered
420 Posts
I voted scalextric.
I think if it was not for scalextric then myself and a lot of people would not be doing this today.
For the money I don't think you can do much better than thier latest offerings,especially the new ferrari sharknose and cooper climax.I think it's great that a manufacturer like scalextric can produce high detail cars that appeal to the more mature race fan,and at the same time offer fun sets for the younglings to get hooked on.
I must say though that at the moment I am in awe with my new slot it cars.The engineering and detail is fantastic.Close second from me.
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
4,791 Posts
Ooooh, controversial, I went for Slot.It because of Maurizio's craftsmanship. I have way more Scalextric than anything else thanks to the classics and NASCARs but as a favourite I think that Slot.It has got the right grasp on the kind of people who are deep enough into their hobby to want the best they can get at home or for their club. Or, to put it simply: us lot!

Besides, anyone who intends to swap relatively few of my greenbacks for such a stunning Kouros-liveried Sauber C9 in the not-too-distant future is all right by me!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Slot.It gets my vote here! They build cars with top quality all the way, and I love the Group-C cars! I think it's pretty spectacular that they manage to build cars that have superb motors, proper axles, gears and bearings, aluminium hubs, great chassis and good looks! And all that for a price that isn't any more than the others!!! Kudos to Slot.It!
On pure looks and finnish though, Auto Art, Revell, Scalextric or Fly would get my money.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Slot.It gets my vote here! They build cars with top quality all the way, and I love the Group-C cars! I think it's pretty spectacular that they manage to build cars that have superb motors, proper axles, gears and bearings, aluminium hubs, great chassis and good looks! And all that for a price that isn't any more than the others!!! Kudos to Slot.It!
SloT-It for me as well for all those above reasons and I only have two as yet.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I had to go with Slot-it also, Maurizio's attention to detail/engineering and customer service are top notch. Plus I have a thing for Group-C cars that boarders on almost being "freakish"

·
Registered
514 Posts
Scalextric got my vote here when the poll was posted, and that would have been the same if I voted again today.
The detail of their cars is excellent, there is rarely any problem with running them right out of the box, and they have a wide range of cars that appeal to me.

Slot It is a good second for the reasons that Bastumannen and others list, but the selection of cars is too narrow for them to get my vote for now...
Another positive thing about the Slot It cars is the option to easily configure the cars to my liking with those excellent tune-up parts. The sidewinder motor mount made my 956C an absolute rocket on the club track!

André

·
Registered
19 Posts
Voted for SlotIt but Proslot would be a close second, need a bit of tuning and replacing pinons etc but when complete make a great race car

1 - 20 of 34 Posts