SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As like most people I can imagine the Slot.it Mercedes Sauber C9 is eagerly awaited, but with the usual slow pace of many slot car manufacturers - it got it me thinking.

I took the old Scaley Sauber Mercedes C9, which isn't that bad a version and with a lick of paint, so excellent decals and heh presto - not the usual silver example you see everyday on ebay.

It still uses the original scalextric chassis and motor, but the wheels are from a Slot.it Porsche, as are the wing mirrors etc.

It is mag-less at the mo and needs some work on the chassis, but in time it will be a real beaut!

Cheers

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Very nice conversion, great livery

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Mark

An excellent conversion. The car does suit that livery.

If you want to make it handle a little better, this may help you :-

Porsche Chassis improvements.

Although the item relates to the Porsche, I think the chassis are similar if not the same.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Alan,

Will definitely sort out the chassis as per the guide for the Porsche - I was thinking of cutting the chassis to make more room for the Slot.it guide I have anyway.

I will post some more pics at a later date. On to the next project a Silk Cut XJR-9!

Cheers,

Mark

·
Dave Kennedy
541 Posts
That's a really nice car. How does it go?

DK

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks DK, haven't really given it any track time yet, but once the chassis mods have been done hopefully it will run pretty smooth.

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Great looking car

I've an old Scaley Porshe and Jag stashed away somewhere and it would be nice to give them a new lease of life like this. Thanks for posting (and Alan too).

P.S. Mark, where are those fabulous decals from?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
John,

The decals are DMC and come from www.slot32.de - a really good dealer in Germany, I normally pay through their online checkout and have never had any problems, plus they have no problems shipping to the UK.

And as an added bonus not only does the decal sheet have the Michelin design but also the Kournos design (this is the one Slot.it will release first) as well - bargain and all for roughly £6.

Might make up the Kournos car in the future, but it will have to wait behind the XJR Jag and the Red Bull F1 car.

But, I am looking for some Jag Silk Cut decals - I know patto's has some but wonder if everyone had come across some 1/32 scale silk cut decals from another source?

Cheers, and thanks for all the positive comments

Mark

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Slotrace.dk,

It still has its original scalextric chassis, but I plan to mod it as in the link posted in this topic - I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Mark,

First, very good job
second, I agree with you, Slot.it is a very good model maker, but not very serious when you ask for questions. I sent to them e.mails to know about distributors in Swiss, they never replied, and abtou the Swiss "retailers", one day a reply, one day no, so, I'm very dispointed. Perhaps it's only reserved to "high tech sloters", not for dummies

But I'm happy because yesterday I received my Gulf Porsche 917 Steve Mc Queen, good surprise before christmas because I was waiting for it since 3 weeks (bought on a web page like E.bay)

Well, go on with your scrath building, I hope there will be others.
Have a nice week-end, and..good race

Mike Delanney

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Hi.
There are a very diff. between DMC and Pattos, go for DMC, like you did.
Instead of trying to make the Scaly-Chassis run good, use the RTR-Slot.it HRS chassis, you wouldnt get disapointed.

A real beautifull job you have done

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Once again thanks for the comments.

Alfetta, I have used Patto's decals in the past (The Vitaphone design for the Opel Astra DTM), and they aren't bad, but compared to DMC decals they look home made and I know this is because Bruce does it as a hobby and not a international full scale business like DMC.

Having said that I have notice Patto's is offering a higher quality decal sheet as well as the standard decals I have used in the past - does anyone have any experience of these high quality Patto decals?

Also thanks for the suggestions regarding the chassis, but I think I will stick the original one and tweek it.

Cheers,

Mark

1 - 20 of 27 Posts