SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Built this last year and I'm looking at some improvements later this year so thought I should share with you before too many changes......

Here's the table, finished and ready for the track:

Then adding the track, design is based on the indianapolis ping pong table layout with an extended straight and hairpin to make the most of the long but narrow space. It's across the back of my double garage and by keeping it narrow at one side, I can still get one car into the garage when I need to.

Coming next: starting the scenery

Got some pit buildings from e-bay, 5 in total:

And these were 2 of the better ones!

Also got some grandstands, a dunlop bridge and a control tower.

Wanted a common look to the buildings so a respray was in order using halfords grey primer for the gray bits, stove black for the cilings and a stoneflex spray for the side walls:

Once the paint's dry rebuilt the buildings including photo inserts for the pits to resemble painted brick (if anyone wants the interiors, PM me and I'll send you the powerpoint file I made)

Of, course, waiting for the paint to dry let me make a start on some of the other parts:

Using corktile spacers for the borders, insulation foam for the hills and fiber board covered in railway layout grass soon got the layout looking a little greener

Next chapter: turning the porridge into hills.....

With a bit of green and brown paint and various bits of model railway grass and lichen sprinkled on, the insulation foam started to look more like hills.....

Next: The monument

Also found some "brick" walls at a toy fair and along with a rock and some trees, built a monument for those brave racers who perished in earlier times (mainly when my 7 and 9 year olds got too trigger happy and plunged their cars 3 ft to the ground.....)

And finally how it is today:

Hope you like it!

Chris

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
yeah i got some of that stone spray, but in gray.

i like the walled in area, nicely done.

I suppose its too late now but I would've said how about some elevation?

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Nice use of available space. I can hear them humming down that straight. How many straight sections are there in it?

You need to hit Bay of E for a bag or two of Homies to fill the stands.

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Wow twice mine. I have 7 1/2. I have toyed with the idea of painting the track more for looks as I race magnets mostly.

How deep is your table? Looks like 4 1/2' at the wide end and maybe 2 1/2' on the narrow end?

I only have a single garage with no car in it. If I tossed a lot of junk I could squeeze in a bit more. My table is 5 x 11.

Where are you at?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.