SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping any of you could tell me if there are any current manufactures that make a Ferrari 250? Its one of my all time favorite cars and maybe I have not done enough searching, but I honestly dont know if anyone makes this car today.

Thanks

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Lee

The Pink Kar 250 GTO is a great car, I bought one recently and it really does perform well.

I think JP's car is an older model that had a small HO like motor in it, where as mine came with a standard Mabuchi, (complete with Pink Kar label!). plus a button magnet just in front of the motor.

Great looking car but the rear wheels still stick out beyond the rear wheel arches so you will need to reduce the axle width to make it look better. The body also sits too high on the chassis leaving rather too much air gap between tyre and wheel arch.

One of my favorite cars.

Regards

Alan

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Otello

With a Dremel!!!.......

On my car there was about 2mm of axle that could be removed without touching the flanges on the wheels. This was enough to set the rear wheels inside that lovely bodywork. I haven't tackled the body height problem yet.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
86 Posts
OK, another unsolved mystery!
And I changed the old chassis with the new one, like yours.
If I could only remenber where I put the old chassis, just to check the rear bushing width is the same...

Thanks anyway Alan, I'll have to with dremel (!) on wheels hubs.
I can't see any easy solution for the body height problem, as the chassis is secured with one screw only on the rear, while in front it inserts in the radiator hole on the body.

Ciao
Otello

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have two of the improved PINK KAR 250's. There is a narrow channel running down each side of the chassis. Put 2 or 3 grams of lead down each side. End of wheel spin, a little more controllabe power slide.

Did I mention I like them? Not as fast as others, but fun. The rear tires on mine are a little, twisted? Trying to find the right word. They may also be out of round, but there is a odd sideways like squirm as they are on the hub. The hub may also be out of round or not mounted squarly (centered) or the axle bent , or all three.

There was a thread on SCI re this car and everything from another motor and chassis to fixing minor problems was discussed.

I wish I could find some silicon tires for the 250.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The Pink Car GTO can be made into a competitive car in its class. My preferred set up is to fit an RX4 and Ninco Classic axles, with the heavier motor no magnet or weight is needed. With this set up the GTO is competitive with the Ninco Classic cars. Adaptors for the RX motor are available from Slot 32 and also Ortmann tyres to fit the GTO. However Ninco Classc tyre are softer than the Pink Car tyres and improve handling on less grippy surfaces.

Roly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts