SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Great looking paint job and finish! Pink Kar like the Team Waltham liveries don't they!

Does it have the same width wheels as the last release of the GTO Aaron? also what motor / chassis suports it? are there any new developments to it or is it a simple relivery?

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Interesting that Pink Kar have decided to basically re-issue CV008 which has the same livery as CV055 except provided by stickers unlike the CV055 which is tampo printed, would have been better to have found another version to produce for the many Ferrari fans out there.
Sean

·
Registered
59 Posts
Pink car has just released a "Power plus 3 Motor", like NC3 or Fly racing, that seems to be a real shot!!
I have ordered one just for testing I will let you know...

·
Registered
195 Posts
In the Barcelona Hobby Fair 2003 the people of Pink Car in a private conversation have opened the idea of reissuing the first GTO to align it with the new liveries, tampoo printed nd better finished.

This day I have said to them that there are only 39 Ferrari 250 GTO, all of them surviving. If others had issued non existent versions of cars, why not Pink Car, at a slow pace, should produce every one of this famous series?

A joke?

In the Mini-Auto Catalogue 2004 there is an insert of Pink-Car, and there is a courious paragraph: ' A por los 39' (to the 39!)

You know, people on the other side of the slot arena aren't dumb.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Swiss - same chassis, wheels etc as the last release pictured below (CV052) so just a relivery but obviously without the driving lamps:

@inte - Recommended retail price is £30.00, but check with your favourite dealer for exact price.

Aaron

·
Registered
164 Posts
Unless I really need glasses, there appears to be some big differences (livery and co-passenger not withstanding) between the new Pink-Kar and the pic posted by Seth.

The wheels in Seth's pic look more realistic and there sees to be a better fit of tyre in guard.

Is this a Pink-Kar too or what?

cheers

Steve

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
The wheels on both models do not fit beneath the arches. Easy fix with a Dremmel tho'...........

The last one I bought went like a rocket so if this "new" one has an even faster motor it should fly.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
QUOTE (Sidecar Steve @ 9 Jun 2004, 08:57)The wheels in Seth's pic look more realistic and there sees to be a better fit of tyre in guard.

Is this a Pink-Kar too or what?
Yep, It's a Pink Kar release. In fact most of the Pink Kar GTO's have the plastic wheels as per Seth's pic. Aaron's picture (rally GTO) has wheels with photo-etched inserts.
It took a bit of thought whilst browsing in Pendleslot, but I bought the green no.35 car instead of the rally one; IMHO the original plastic "spokes" look better than the etched inserts.

Mark.

·
Registered
480 Posts
My Pink-Kar Ferrari 250 GTO is the "Targa Florio 63" version or as Pendleslot has posted: CV 008. It's a nice car except for the decals and the fact that it doesn't run very well. Must be my slowest car beside my Pink-Kar Auto Union Typ C.

·
Registered
480 Posts
As I've just heard Pink-Kar has also released the Ferrari 250 GTO "Resicat 2003" as a special edition.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have recently purchased the rally version. Our local dealer had a set of the old wheels so I bought them also for a more realistic look.

Does anyone know if the rally version had the raised ride height of the Pink Kar replica? I have lowered mine to a more fitting height.

I like the motor in these cars. It runs so well without a magnet and seems comparable to an NC1. I couldn't imagine it running with any other motor. It handles perfectly once lowered.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
QUOTE Must be my slowest car beside my Pink-Kar Auto Union Typ C.
An easy upgrade for the early Pink Kars fitted with the HO type motor is to fit an SCX RX4 motor together with Pink Kars own motor adaptor set RV-017. not only will you benefit from a quicker motor but the extra weight will also be of benefit.
Sean

G

·
.........Why is it that a manufacture can bring out a car that looks like it's been made in some ones shed in the 1960's with crap plastic bits on it for £30.............. just because it is a GTO some people think it's a good car. I have the blue and white one it takes a lot of tuning to make it work, wheels are not round, axle not straight, bad mesh on the grown gear and so on. Shame about the figures are only arms and head.

......could be worse it could be a Team Slot car! now they are really bad.

Dome

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I find myself agreeing with DomeJudd.
Pink Kar is right down there in the lower echelons of poor quality all round, barely saved only by providing unusual and desirable bodies.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
The thing that seems strange to me is why they would do a car that didn't even start the race, according to the results I found for the '63 Targa Florio:

<DNS, 106, Kalman von Csazy/Andrew Hedges*, Ferrari 250 GTO, [3809] Accident in practice, Grand Touring 3000 >

It's also strange that the original had a lone driver and the new one has the co-driver reading rally notes from the rally version. I like the original wheels too, I also have the #35 (2nd Daytona '64, David Piper) and find it runs amazingly well with that little HO motor. It does get very hot after only a few laps, though. I am looking for the adapter for an SCX type motor. Do you need to change the crown gear when doing this? Or can you just run a large (10 or 11T) pinion gear?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts