SlotForum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

The model is based on an old - Revell-Monogram - kit.
To achieve the Le mans version #22 ( M.Parkes/U.Maglioli) i had to do some small modifications on the body;
the chassis is taken directly from the kit without essential interventions. For new paintwork the originaly paint
was removed entirely. The cockpit is - instead of a simple board - a tri dimensional insert.

I hope you like it.

Kind regards

claus

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi Claus,

Your models look superb, this includes the Alfa you showed us earlier. The eye for detail is very good. And from what I see, your finishing touch, is of good craftsmanship.
But one thing is not quite clear to me, what's the scale you work in, I assume it's scale 1:32?
I'm also always curious what paint you've used, and the technique you used, to get such a nice shiny surface, did you polish it?

Keep up the good work,
Danny

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello all,

Thanks a lot for your kind remarks.

@ danny : The models are in 1:32 scale. I like that size of the models. Fortunately most of the kits concering -Le Mans- are produced in that scale.
I do paintwork with arylic based cans.
I use quality products; for primer (filler) layer and color-laquer layer i use the - Motip/Dupli- products; for clear coat i use a smooth glossy laquer.
To get a very fine spray (fog?) - nearly similar to airbrush - i substitute the serial mounted cap.
( i get this very fine cap from a german dealer for paintwork materials. www. frickwork.net )
When the clear coat layer is totally dry - two weeks minimum/roomtemperature - i often do some polishwork with a type of microfibre cloth.

Best regards

claus

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
How do you do you do those very fine black lines - eg around the headlights, and side lights? (maybe a ridiculous question?

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Excellent! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello all,
Hello Anthony,

The fine black lines:
At the headlights: Compared the -Revell-Monogram- kit i used clear transparent coverings taken from a -Fly- 250 gto.
I would not use the compact translucent elements otherwise the front/side elevation looks a little bit strange.
( from my point of view this detail is really a disadvantage of the -Revell-kits like this)
With some modifications -the coverings were too large in size- the fine -Fly- coverings fit in but the painted black line
which they had former disappeared. So i had to renew. I did it with a fine paintbrush (by hand) using black -Revell- aqua-color.

At the sidelights: For me no possibility to do it with a brush. The solution was to do it with a decal.
The fine black oval outline is printed on a transparent decal film.
You can see that special decal sheet done for the -Ferrari-by me. I use a layout program for such works.
( to have several choises i do some oval shapes of different sizes .........)

Kind regards

claus

1 - 12 of 12 Posts