Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone Identify this decal?
I think it's some sort of electrical equipment supplier but I've never seen it before. I would also like to see a better view of it if anyone has one.

Greenman62

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
No results from a quick flip through the archive yet, Greenman, but I'll keep looking.
I guess you're building the car... I'd love to hear about it. Keep us posted!

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (howmet tx @ 4 May 2004, 14:35)I guess you're building the car... I'd love to hear about it. Keep us posted!
Howmett, Otello,

Thanks,

I think Otello is right... That does look like "Magnetti Maretti" over the lightning
bolts.

I'm about to put paint on a "Noisey Muse" recasting of an old Carrera (?) body.

It's mounted on a shortened and reinforced Fly 512 chassis. Other parts come
from a totally trashed GB track Chevron (a 3 cushion shot after a bad shunt)
or from hand-built sources.

I'll get pix

Greenman62

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I made mine from a Betta vacform, so detail is a bit sparse, but I've been meaning to trick it up a bit for a while now.
Now how would you tackle those COOL wheels? I put the Fly gold mags on for lack of better ('scuse the pun). Other ideas?

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
I have the Patto decal set for the 312PB but unfortunately it doesn't include that particular decal. I agree with everyone else though that it is a Magnetti Marelli logo.

By the way I was at the BOAC 1000 that year and to see Icyx and Regazzoni throwing that Ferrari around Brands was wonderful.

David

·
Alan Tadd
4,029 Posts
No John.......Not to a man of Howmet's ability!.......I can picture him now with a razor saw in his hot little hands.......

Regards

Alan

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
QUOTE Now how would you tackle those COOL wheels?
Don't look at me,I ain't doin them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
QUOTE (greenman62 @ 4 May 2004, 15:42) I'm about to put paint on a "Noisey Muse" recasting of an old Carrera (?) body.

It's mounted on a shortened and reinforced Fly 512 chassis. Other parts come
from a totally trashed GB track Chevron (a 3 cushion shot after a bad shunt)
or from hand-built sources.

According to the photo on the web site, the Noisey Muse is a recasting of Carrera body for sure; at least it looks exactly the same...
By the way, I'm curious, why everybody suggests to use the Fly 512s chassis?
It is much easier to use the Chevron B-19/21 one: you only need to cut the front a bit and move back the front wheels, no need to work on the guide; I had the chassis ready in 5 minutes.

I wanted to make the Brands Hatch #51 car, too, but later I realized the B.H. car was without the 2 fins on the tail, so I'm going for the Nurburgring car #15.
But I got a second Carrera body and I think I'll cut the fins from it and make the #51, too!

Ciao
Otello

·
Registered
89 Posts
QUOTE I'm about to put paint on a "Noisey Muse" recasting of an old Carrera (?) body.

If it is really a recast of a carrera toy, is your conscience clear about buying a toy stolen from someone elses work and monetarily supporting the thief?

How about the thief's conscience?

Should carrera sue for intellectual theft?

It would be on thing to buy an original carrara body an rework it, but copied without license works offered for sale are just wrong.

But then again, maybe the vendor really did make his own model, cast it, make a mould, and do all the enginering/ modeling. Maybe the recasting statement is just conjecture.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree VOA. Maybe Noisy Muse has obtained permission - the bodyshell is an alleged OLD (no longer made?) Carrera shell. If this is true then does company policy mean that they are no longer concerned, as opposed to a copy of a current production model?

Another thought - IMHO it is fine to make a copy for your own personal use - i.e. you already own the original and wish to do a rework/relivery which that original slot car's manufacturer does not make. However, making dozens/hundreds of copies and then selling them on for profit is a Big No No.

Mark.

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (Otello @ 5 May 2004, 01:34)By the way, I'm curious, why everybody suggests to use the Fly 512s chassis?
That's easy (at least for me) I wanted to get rid of the floppy pegs for front axles. using the Chevron requires you keep them. the body mount post is directly between the axles. The 512 chassis fron mount post is ahead of the axle mounts which allows you to mount a solid front axle.

Greenman62

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Thanks for the info, JP. Are these old Carrera shells readily available then? Pardon me for asking- I've led a sheltered life. But it looks like they had some interesting prototypes. The 312 looks nice! Still stuck on how to do those gold dished wheels though. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
773 Posts
..look here when you're interested in the old 1/32 hardbodies Carrera produced - and if you're interested in a specific body, ask [email protected] if he has some available - add that I've sent you and he'll look in his tremendous storage - or gives you the appropriate contact information. Ferrari-shells are still easy to find in Germany.

·
Registered
86 Posts
QUOTE (howmet tx @ 5 May 2004, 14:07)Thanks for the info, JP. Are these old Carrera shells readily available then? Pardon me for asking- I've led a sheltered life. But it looks like they had some interesting prototypes. The 312 looks nice! Still stuck on how to do those gold dished wheels though. Any suggestions?
Howmet:

I got my Carrera 312PBs on eBay, I payed about 20 Euro each; there are some available now, one of the auction is ending in 3 hours...

I have to say the complete Carrera car is quite ugly, but the body has the right shape and it is very good for convertion.
The problem with the Carrera model is the motor was too big, so the body is placed about 5 mm. too high on the chassis; with a smaller Fly/Scalextric SW you may solve the problem and put a complete interior inside, too.

About wheels inserts, well, according to the photos you posted on SF, I think you have the skill to built them yourself...
Mark Gussin wrote on his beautiful 312PB page ":
I cut and inserted a platicard disc (above), then painted the wheel gold and added a decal made on my wonderful Alps printer"

Well, you may go further and make tridimentional inserts, cutting 5 holes on the platicard discs.
On my side, as usual, I used the coward way and just used Fly 512S wheels.

Ciao
Otello

1 - 20 of 50 Posts