SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reccently got via a car boot one of these pretty bog standard !!

tyler autos car by matra2011, on Flickr

And not really being a Ferrari fan anymore since the departure of Schumacher and the arrival of a certain spaniard, not sure why i bought it but hey! I thought id have a go for fun at making this one a little bit more presentable !

So i ended up doing Gilles Ferrari 312t3 1978 car, Not a stunnner but surely an improvement from its blue and white beginnings !!

ferrari 312t3 1978 by matra2011, on Flickr

Not sure about those eyes though! back to the PAINT SHOP i think ! AKA SHED !

ferrari 312t3 1978 by matra2011, on Flickr

Problem now is ive just been given a what i think is Ferrari 641 to have a bash at !!

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
You're right it is a vast improvement and the car looks great. Just right for those Johnson powered Retro F1 classes that are everywhere these days.

Allan

·
Registered
969 Posts
So, you just painted it red and added decals ?
That made an enormous difference, congratulations !

By the way, which decals are those, Indycals ?

André Acker.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Nice job!

I love the T3 and here's mine below at Bearwood Scalextric Club.

You are always welcome to come along and have a go at the Heart Of England Retro F1 Championship.

Just click on the link in my signature below for furthyer details.

All the best.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (andre acker @ 14 Sep 2012, 18:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So, you just painted it red and added decals ?
That made an enormous difference, congratulations !

By the way, which decals are those, Indycals ?

André Acker.

Yep just a repaint on this one,I'm working on a budget so just trying to improve looks on this car, I know compared to some cars on this forum it's pretty basic, but using info and inspiration on this site I'm trying to improve my skills with various builds and repaints that I'm doing, with quiet a few more in the pipeline. The decals were indycals I find them really good and would recommend them,my next projects are two tyrrells that I'm half way through doing, thanks for the feedback Andre.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (Ian H @ 14 Sep 2012, 18:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice job!

I love the T3 and here's mine below at Bearwood Scalextric Club.

You are always welcome to come along and have a go at the Heart Of England Retro F1 Championship.

Just click on the link in my signature below for furthyer details.

All the best.

Wow Ian that looks great nice job love the detail you've added to your's, how did you get the helmet detail so good I really struggle to do the designs justice.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The secret is to take your time and don't rush at it really.

Check this link for the story of the my T3 build.

But I did the GV helmet as follows.
  1. Paint the whole helmet red.
  2. Use Tamiya tape to mask of the red lines that you want to keep.
  3. Spray the helmet black.
  4. Allow to dry thoroughly.
  5. Take off the masking tape.
  6. I then hand painted the white visor stripe
  7. C'est fini!

I think your T3 is splendid and the main thing is to have fun and enjoy yourself.

Remember, make it quick before you make it look good and don't aim for perfection just enjoy the ride!

PS, What are the Tyrrells? I can't wait to see those!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (Ian H @ 15 Sep 2012, 01:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The secret is to take your time and don't rush at it really.

Check this link for the story of the my T3 build.

But I did the GV helmet as follows.
  1. Paint the whole helmet red.
  2. Use Tamiya tape to mask of the red lines that you want to keep.
  3. Spray the helmet black.
  4. Allow to dry thoroughly.
  5. Take off the masking tape.
  6. I then hand painted the white visor stripe
  7. C'est fini!

I think your T3 is splendid and the main thing is to have fun and enjoy yourself.

Remember, make it quick before you make it look good and don't aim for perfection just enjoy the ride!

PS, What are the Tyrrells? I can't wait to see those!

Ah Thanks for the advice ian that will come in very handy im gonna try that to improve the G.V helmet cheers. The two Tyrrells im currently working on are a Scalex-Scheckter 007 and a French Tyrrell 005-Cevert, And after that ive got another 007 Version lined up just trying to find a Donar car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts