SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Graham Windle
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Latest built features another of Alexis printed chassis .Body is a vac form from Betta and the motor is a generic 18k slim line geared at 8 /27.At the moment its on a set of spare wheels but will end up on some PSR spokes. Initial tests are very good with the chassis recording low 8 sec laps on my circuit so its well on the pace .
Computer Laptop Personal computer Input device Peripheral

Personal computer Computer Peripheral Laptop Input device
Vehicle Table Car Motor vehicle Hood

·
Graham Windle
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the body mounted and sprayed today.I'm really pleased with the road holding of this car.Not sure how it will fare on a club track as it may be a bit over geared for a longer straight than mine .But for my track with its 12 ft main straight it's just right.These cheap Chinese slimline motors suit the track and the light weight of these chassis.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I always thought the 330 LMB was one of the best looking front engined V12 Ferraris, even better than a 250 GTO. AFAIK they only made 3-4 of them.

Looking forward to seeing your model finished.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,795 Posts
We don't allow any vacforms in our racing classes...but a resin cast of that body would pass scrutineering and would have the sharp features inside the bodyshell.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
We don't allow any vacforms in our racing classes...but a resin cast of that body would pass scrutineering and would have the sharp features inside the bodyshell.
This post belongs in the ‘WE DON’T ALLOW THAT‘ thread over on the 1:32 scale cars Forum. Do you ban all the lightweight bodyshells from the likes of Thunderslot, too?
The Betta vac-formed 330LMB shell has very nice detail which shows up well once it’s painted and the included, vac-formed, windows (I assume they’re banned, too?) are installed.
Mike

·
Graham Windle
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This post belongs in the ‘WE DON’T ALLOW THAT‘ thread over on the 1:32 scale cars Forum. Do you ban all the lightweight bodyshells from the likes of Thunderslot, too?
The Betta vac-formed 330LMB shell has very nice detail which shows up well once it’s painted and the included, vac-formed, windows (I assume they’re banned, too?) are installed.
Mike
Thanks Mike your vac form builds are stunning , Personally I love vac forms for racing and its nice when they can be made to rival resin builds,this is my Chap 2D which is all vac formed
Vehicle Car Toy Hood Motor vehicle

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,795 Posts
Mike
Vacforms.

·
Graham Windle
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No pics yet but just an update on this project .I've added some plasticard side land to mount the body sprayed the shell red and given it a thorough track test and I can honestly say Alexis chassis works very well Much better than say a word adjustable and well into scratch built territory .I am looking forward now to trying the Maserati I built at Wolverhampton in September which gives very similar performance to this Ferrari on my track.Although both are a little slower than my proposed Early bird cars they are very easy to drive consistently fast where as my Bimotore is a little tippy on the limit and the Thomas special lacks a little brakes but is very quick and stable but I know it behaves well on the wolves track so I may just choke the motor a little and see how it affects lap times.

·
Graham Windle
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Further to my comments on Alexis chassis this car is now really on the pace for this type of motor on my track Once I've finished the build I'll do a shoot out against some of the other low powered cars which I featured in my lockdown builds thread .I've built 3 cars now using Alexis chassis kits or motor pods and all are very stable and quick . I have a fourth one partly done and I expect it will also be good when finished .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts