SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
9,906 Posts
Nope, Strombecker never made that particular body... They made other Ferraris, the 250 GTO, Dino, etc. This looks more like one that somebody customized, and rather nicely. So value is a moot point.

Also, whenever you ask for help in identification, etc. PLEASE SHOW THE CHASSIS. Besides these being slot cars, Strombecker, for instance, went through about 7 generations of chassis, plastic, metal, monocoque, etc., so it helps to see which one...

cheers,
Don

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JohnP:

Thank you very much!
Muchos cracias!
Tack så mycket!

Have someone here built this car? It sais that this body will fit a Ninco Porsche GT1 chassis. Are there all the same?

Kind regards // Richard

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've seen this link before and assumed that they were from the Nostalgia range as they're described as "Nostalgia glass fibre body range".

£12.00 a shell seems pretty expensive for fibreglass bodes given that you can get Classic bodyshells for about a fiver each.....

Would like to hear from someone who's tried them though as there are some nice shells!

Paul

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

I did a similar conversion some decades ago. Each of the TRIs were slightly different, and different the year before! I used the Eldon Ferrari TR body as my doner, however. It is closer, cheaper, and the plastic thicker meaning more margin for carving!

Prof.Fate

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.