SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everybody,

the winning car from the 1954 le mans race was realised by the french manufacture -proto-slot-.
done with a unpainted body i realised it. for the chassis i take a -fly- spare part with a front motor position .
the long wheel base of the model required some modefications.
now see the result. i hope you will like it.

regards

claus

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello all,

Thanks for compliments al -visitors- of the ferrari work. !

@ Chris A.: It´s really not a 1/24 scale model. Believe my statement. But i must tell you that the shell is a little bit -oversized-.
The main dimensions ( width/large) are more than 3 mm exceeded. I don´t know why - Proto-Slot - is not able to do it in perfect scale 1/32.

@ Boomerang: Do you also have done this f 375p ? To recognize that this decal could cause problems........ Compliment!
In fact it was terrible to apply the decal right here on that finned surface of the body. But with patience, decal softener and some adjustments with a paint brush i got it.

@ Knacki: Du siehst ich bessere mich !

regards

claus

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
Nice work Claus! How did you manage to get a 375 unpainted?

Greenman62

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hello boomerang,

Your ferrari looks beautiful.
If you would like to adjust your - problem - the missing number # 5 at the rear.
Try to do a new attempt. I will send you some substitutes if necessary. Have a look at your personal message.

Don´t you like this solution?

picture: copyright by edition d´art ( 24 heures du mans , moity/ teissedre volume 1, page 263 )

regards

claus

·
Registered
183 Posts
QUOTE (-claus- @ 23 Jun 2011, 00:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you would like to adjust your - problem - the missing number # 5 at the rear.
Try to do a new attempt. I will send you some substitutes if necessary. Have a look at your personal message.

Hi Claus,
Thanks a lot for the proposal. It's very kind of you!
The thing is that I even didn't try to apply the decal at the back, just to avoid some headaches. So I still have one #5 in stock...

Kr,
Bernard

PS: Response PM sent

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hello all,

Thanks again for compliments.
It´s a pleasure for me to give some informations - how to paint figures - but you all have to excuse my lingual disabilities , please.

One remark: first of all - and from my point of view the most important aspect - is to get such well made and well proportioned
driver figures as i could use one for my ferrari. I try to get such figure as unpainted resine kit produced by the french manufacture
- le mans miniature - ( www.lemansminiatures.com) . But it´s always hard to get them.
As well the french manufacture - proto-slot - ( www.proto-slot-kit.com) offers a variety of well produced driver figures.
These figures are resine molded.

Materials i use: For paintwork i take some fine brushes with different tips ( pointed and flat ones.)
As colors i always use water-soluble acrylic based colors ; most of them from the -revell - series . All for flat surface design.
To generate special looks i take soft colored pencils/crayons, these are water-soluble, too.

Preparation: If the position driver-steering wheel is correct, you can start immediately, otherwise you have to do
surgeon work........ Have a look at the finish of the resine mold. Close fine cavities and cut flashes. Try to get a smooth surface.
Clean the figure before apply a basic layer. I use the same filler/base coat as i use for my models in light grey color.
One advice. I do paintwork for head and body of the figure separatly. So the handling is much more easy during work.

Paintwork: Start paintwork by creating a type of base color according to the different surfaces of the driver.
You get a basics for clothing or skin surfaces when you mix it always with some white. Then apply 2-3-4 layers
different lightness. Alternate colors for darker or lighter appereances. Cuttling effects for clothing (and so on) you can
intensify when you use such soft pencils ( watersoluble) directly along the edges.
( You also can do such cuttling look when you use a fine brush nearly without some color )
I prefer using the soft pencils together with some water and a minimum of acrylic paint.
The method is similar to -paint in water color -. Depending on look you want to create you should repeat the applications.
crash helmets i often do with the aerosol can to get brilliant surfaces.
When head and body of the figure is perfect, the position in the model is correct, no adjustments are necessary i compose it finally.

I hope my little -report- gives you some advices how to do it.

kind regards

claus

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.