SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am about to embark on a respray of an Alfa 33/3 - but wanting to keep it to an Alfa red - anyone recommend a Halfords colour match?

And while asking, the same goes for a colour match for a Ferrari Red?

So many reds!!

The times in the past I've thought I had a perfect match to something only to get home and find the colour I'd bought was in fact a shade or two darker than on the tin!! Doh!!

I wouldnt mind betting there is difference of opinon on this!!

Thank you

·
Slot King
2,666 Posts
Difference of opinion on the forum, never!

This is what I use for 1960s cars

Fiat Racing red for Alfa
Vauxhall Fire?? red for Ferrari

I actually think the Fiat colour is more correct for Ferrari, but it looks just a little too dark in 1/32nd, the Vauxhall one looks better.
All the other reds I have tried are too pink in shade.

Joel

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Humbrol do a Ferrari red spray no 220 which seemed a bit light to me but on looking back at Ferrari's the colour looks darker on the older one's i remember the F1 of Schumacher being a different shade of red in the early days of him being there compared with the Ferrari F1 driven by Mansell, and as far as the Alfa i have a 1/43 model and that looks even darker any use Vic Keith.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I always use Halfords Nissan red 526 for Ferraris on a white primer and a red or grey primer for Alfas.
TED...

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
Hi

I started the same thread a while back - see here

The bottom line was that if you really want to be accurate it's best to get Alfa AR130 - you can get it on Ebay

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
QUOTE (VicElfordFan @ 22 Sep 2012, 02:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And while asking, the same goes for a colour match for a Ferrari Red?

So many reds!!
Depends which Ferrari red.
The shade of red works Ferrari used changed from time to time
So many reds!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again guys.

And thanks Andy - that thread was vey helpful/informative!!

Looks like Im settled on the Alfa colour - I agree that the Ferraris do differ across the types / times. I'll have to experiment with them!!

Kind regards
VicElfordFan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.