Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Kitbasher
4,245 Posts
Nice job Boomerang!

The confusing thiing about the D50 is that there are photos of it with 2 ear and photos with 3 ear knock offs...

Looks mighty fine either way.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for your encouraging comments. I'd like to forward them to Steve (Mr Penelope Pitlane) without whom this built wouldn't have been done.

QUOTE (tifosi @ 19 Jun 2011, 10:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>(...)
The confusing thiing about the D50 is that there are photos of it with 2 ear and photos with 3 ear knock offs...
(...)

Well spotted! Honestly, I simply put the knock offs provided with the kit. It seems indeed that the 1/1 car had 2 ear knock offs.

QUOTE (cabb77 @ 19 Jun 2011, 14:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Superb, love the mirrors, but shouldn't Ferraris be red?
(...)

About red... some liveries of this car have red mirrors, and some others have chromed mirrors.... Anybody knows if both are historically ok?

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
Very nice! and no, not all Ferrari's should be red
(yellow was the national colour for Belgian entries so this car in this colour and built by a Belgian seems appropriate...)

Did I already mention that I love the car?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (Scuderia Ferrari @ 19 Jun 2011, 22:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How do you paint the thin black lines (body cavities)?

To paint the black lines:
- dilute Humbrol fatt black with white spirit
- with a very thin paintbrush, put the paint into the cavities
- if the paint if sufficiently diluted, it spread by itself on 1 or 2 cm
- repeat until all lines are correctly filled.

When the paint is visually dry, then use a small towel and/or a small paintbrush with white spirit to remove the excesses.

Hope this helps

Bernard

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Excellent!

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
A great build and beautifully finished, Bernard.
I wondered who the driver was in the yellow #20 - Gendebien, Paul Frere...? Well, both did race Lancia-Ferrari D50s a few times in 1956, but from the race number it seems to have been Andre Pilette (Teddy's father) in the Belgian GP at Spa.
Frere drove there too and finished a great second in #6, though I don't know what colour it was.
Rob J

·
Stranger Things 2
575 Posts
Beautifull car Bernard ... looks fantastic in yellow.

I heard a story about these cars not going as well as they could because of something to do with the tyres ... something about them being set up to race on a particular brand of tyre, but when Ferrari took over the cars to race they used different tyres ???

1 - 20 of 23 Posts