SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Red it is then, Should be a blast we havent seen a collection of ferraris racing together theres such a choice ,got to get the scx f40 out of storage or maybe the scaley gto ,nah it'll have to be the ninco f50 ,or maybe the proslot 355(no not the tsrf chassied one) ,perhaps a classic one then
Sod it I need a bigger box,or do I just bring the blue 333?

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
No mags is good I have other ferraris which work that way.

Just a point in the F1 are you proposing to allow scratch builts/repaints in this class as quite a few have modded F1s to represent the current ferrari (Mark Bs car for example)

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
QUOTE (when's lotus day?)

"You build it they will come"to quote a line from a kevin costner film
The thing about single make events as far as I see is it gives every one to race their version of their favourite model of a particular make and with porsche/ferrari /lotus there are enough different models to give a varied grid,

Andy you orginise lotus day and Im sure there will be a good turn out I have at least 8 different lotus models 10 if you count the cortina and carlton salloons and I wouldnt say that I am a lotus fanatic ,Although current lotus models seem a bit scarce vac forms and resins are quite easy to find I make 3 different sports cars in styrene classic /betta make 2 fibre glass and a multitude of vacs Patto has a copy of just about every thing that was made in the past so theres no excuse for not building them

Give it a go it can only lead to more intresting racing

·
Registered
325 Posts
so, are u going to try to encourage people to run red cars? Just wondering, I might run a SCX F40, my very first slot car racer - sold to me by Chaddy for £8 in 1998.
thanks for a no mags race!
should be good, hope i can make it.
JJ

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
lol, as far as I knew, I've only ever seen the resin elise, and assumed that there were loads of vacforms. In fairness Lotus really haven't made all that many road cars to base them on!

Anyone know where I can get an Esprit Turbo body (vac/resin/plastic/whatever)?

The problem, as you say, is finding a make that has made a load of slot cars, but have a load of competeing GT cars. I think Porsche and Ferrari are the only two really, there are quite a few Toyotas, but only one GT car, and thats about it. BMW would be a goodun actually, Ninco M3, Fly M3, Fly 3.5, Fly 320i, Ninco X5, Cartrix Z3, Scalextric Mini, Ninco Mini, Scalextric M3, Scalextric/SCX M1.

Whoa, there's actually quite a few... We should do a BMW day at Eastcote. Okay, who would turn up? If it's more than 20, then I'll arrange it.

BMW

·
Registered
325 Posts
Shame about the lack of cars, that we all would like in slot car form, like the Lotus's (hhmmm plural of Lotus? should it been Loti? never mind!
)
Beemer challenge sounds good, i'd be interested. But, Eastcote is that near London? that would be my only problem, being stuck up in the North West of England, near Manchester... could catch the plane down...

JJ

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
QUOTE Esprit Turbo body

Betta do this I also have a mould for a more scale one some where ,

Its time we all had a trip down south ,my son Paul lives in surbiton so that gives me an excuse I supose

But make it after the UK proxy if possible weve got a lot of stuff coming up this year

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
got your mail roly.

Carreras are at bolton on 30 May, 5th is not an option because I'm working (for once) so gotta be 6th, unless were lucky and nobody is working on the saturday, I could always squeeze out of it.

Inte.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.