SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Remember that Jon runs on Ninco track. Its interesting that slot racing guru Jon Sword of "Short Circuits" and Phoenix Club is here. This will raise the profile of SlotForum considerably and give it cult status!!!!

I will put a series of questions to you later Jon! (Jon =
! )

One problem for Jon is that all his club mates will want to run the F1 Ferrari, so how will he cope with a field of red F1 cars?

As for the Ferrari from Carrera, it has to be their car of the year and will definitely raise their profile in Spain and Italy.

I am not so sure about the UK. Among club racers who currently get there cars from the big etail stockists and who poo poo Carrera maybe.

But they don't have the number of outlets required to sell to the mass market.

Cheers
Moped

PS why am I a "tea boy"? I thought that was Inte's job?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
You will have to do a 2003 Toyota Mr Ecosse because it doesn't look as if Scalextric will be doing one.

Demand for the Renault F1 has meant that Scalextric may have made a capacity planning adjustment and the Toyota I suspect was seen as a lower priority launch for later this year, so it may have been quietly dropped.

Back to the Carrera Ferrari. It does look a nice model however something does not look right but lets reserve judgement until we see the production model. Are other folks seeing what I am seeing?

Moped

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Either the driver is too small or the car is too wide. The driver appears to sit a bit high aswell and his arms are at a funny angle not condusive to driving an F1 car which has push buttons on the wheel.

I have been putting my Scaley F1 cars up to the monitor at a similar angle to the picture to view the Scaley cars at the same proportions/angle as the picture.

The Carrera Ferrari almost looks 1:28 scale relative to the driver! (lets not go there!
)

As I said it is a bit unfair to comment becuase it is a pre-production car.

And, no, Scaley F1 cars do not have "Pete" as the driver before you ask!

Moped

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hey Thomas.

How about teasing those folk at SCI with your excellent Ferrari pictures?

After all, most of the members there won't be able to buy one or even see one at their local stockist.

And they will start pleading with us Euros to do them a favour.

Now we could get a few favours in return out of that deal.

Moped

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Fair comment Jon. Tell that to the folk in the USA!

The point is the hobby has grown massively as an adult pastime in the last few years on the back of highly detailed and accurately scaled models.

Some manufacturers are happy to release prototype pictures as they can learn from feedback.

Some are happy to have pre-production pictures published as they gain from the publicity and still learn from feedback even at this late stage.

Given that model accuracy is one criteria that is critical for some hobbyists, then a manufacturer should expect some criticism from folk for who this is the case if their are discrepancies.

When a manufacturer provides reasons for these discrepancies (such as Scaley with the MG Lola crown wheel bump) then that is to be applauded.

When we are left to our own devices then the manufacturer is leaving himself open.

Moped

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Funny thing Nuro but my view is the Ferrari looks better without the sponsorship!

It gives the car almost a 1960's look.

And they say nostalgia sells.

And you thought it sold because it was a Ferrari!

Moped

1 - 6 of 6 Posts