SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,889 Posts
Interesting difference of opinions once more

Well, here's my opinion. No thanks. The 550 looks far more pleasing to my eyes. Better still is the 288 GTO. Sometimes I much prefer "angles" in a car's shape rather than a jelly mould. Then again, a TVR Sagaris is rounded and I'd perfer the look of that to the 430
Dare I say it? Of course I dare the 430 seems to have more in common with a Porsche Boxster than a Ferrari.

Mark.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
No idea on cost, but I bet the optional carbon-ceramic brakes will add a bit!! Mind you I'm not too sure about having those on a ROAD car. Don't the carbon type brakes take a while to heat up and begin to work? If so, there you are, just exiting the motorway, down the slip road at 120 mph (good brakes these Ferraris), not having used the brakes for the past 10 miles, and...kiss the brake pedal...... WTF?....stamp on brake pedal lots in blind terror to avoid arse end of HGV at end of slip road......

I would suggest that road car brakes need to have some initial bite i.e work from cold. No reason why the road brakes should fade though (Yet another debate started)

Mark.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.