SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this World Classic body a while back.......

It definately is not the P4 (as it advertises) that raced in the 67 LM ...... and I have not been able to find any pics of this variant?

Anyone out there have any info and pics to enlighten me????

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Sorry if I cannot post pictures. I am a bit confused. The thread was titled P3/4. Which is the non factory version based on a rebodied P3 (with a P4's body). But no lucas fuel injection. The picture posted is of a crude P4.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I had a thought, I've just found my 1/32 Eldon P3 Ferrari bodyshell. Without more of your pics from other angles cannot be 100%. But this looks the basis for your'e P4!!
Regards Allan

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
It looks like the 1967 Daytona 24-Hours version to me, Anthony.

With kind regards,

Russell

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike - awesome site - thanks very much!

Russell - could be that car....... but then this is a really bad body...

Allan - it is called a P4 on the box and the decals supplied are for the 24 car (which it looks nothing like the 24 car that raced at Le Mans) - but I thought it was the P3/4 variant.

It is a crude copy/version of the Eldon car. Does that mean the Eldon Car was a really bad/crude version of a 'normal' P4, or is this and the Eldon made to look like a specific race variant?

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Blimey- another episode in the long and so far unending quest to find a decent 1/32nd scale representation of one of the most beautiful and famous sports racing Ferraris in history! Gets you down, really.
I notice your shell has the faired-in mirrors on the front wheel arches, which should limit your search for the original a little.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
If I am right? and that 'P4' has been made using an the Eldon P3. THe Eldon is a very crude unaccurate P3. Looking for variants of this body in real car terms is a waste of time since it does not represent an accurate P3 or P4. Remembering the P3/4 known as the 412 although was P3 basis they had P4 bodies. So in the end your still looking for a an accurate P4 body. I hope you follow my description.
Regards Allan

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Just to conclude. I went onto to this Spanish Lemans database which is very good. You say the bodykit you had came with the number 24 for the 1967 Lemans P4. This is correct. The car is the Belgium entered proper P4 0856 painted red with a central yellow stripe. Raced by Equipe National Belge. Driven by Willy Mauresse and 'Jean Beurlys' (Jean Baton).
Regards Allan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts