SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The final round of the FIA GT Championship was held at Donington Park last weekend and I went on Saturday.

I'm not a great fan of the current racing scene these days as I prefer classic cars but I was really impressed with these cars, they are superbly engineered, very quick and make a nice noise.

The first race of the weekend was pretty close and exciting, here are some of my photographs from it - the Sunday race was even more frought and ended with a crash and disqualification for the Mercedes.

David

·
Kitbasher
4,250 Posts
It has to be said David you really have got the hang of your Kodak Instamatic camera... Nice work, thanks for sharing

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
I agree...excellent timing as well. All the pics either create a sense of action, or
otherwise catch the car at a critical moment. Great photos, as always!!

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice pictures Nick. I agree there weren't many GT1s but they put on a very good show.

I enjoyed walking round the circuit during the British GTs to see them really stretch their legs on the fast sections of the circuit, none of that namby pamby hospitality suite for me....

David

1,488 Posts
Hi David
We did go and see them down at the Old Hairpin and Craner Curves before we did the namby pamby bit
also great watching them accelerating out of the Melborne Hairpin

Just been invited to build a track for the Masters Historic Racing Championship Finals at Donington, there should be some good machinary that weekend!

Cheers
Nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts