SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi @ all,

finished this evening and here it is: the new MMK kit of the monstrous FIAT Bartoletti race transporter! Some first pics:

Much more of that stuff you'll find on my homepage - if you like...

best regards

Matthias

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,629 Posts
Far from "monstrous" - a beautiful vehicle. Nicely built !!

Kind regards, Leo

·
Kitbasher
4,291 Posts
I picked mine up from Victor over the weekend in Bordeaux at the vintage meeting. Most expensive slot purchase ever but I had to have one, I must paint my 'Ing enzo ferrari' figure as well!

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Immaculate! Does it acually work? Would you dare drive it?

Edit: Oh yes, it works! I just checked out your website. What an amazing collection of slot cars let alone all the other modelling projects you have done. Do you ever sleep?*

* Here I am at 3:30 in the morning asking a question like that!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks a lot, guys, for the commendation!

Yes Graham, I do sleep as often as all the other people do! But on my workbench there's always something going on... nearly every day! Sometimes I'm building three or four slotcars at the same time, it's a kind of economic working, but not an assembly-line work!!!

best regards

Matthias

·
Registered
52 Posts
That looks great Matthias, I've been thinking about scratch building some transporters for a while but never been sure where to buy suitable wheels and tyres

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thank you very much indeed, guys! It's really a remarkable thing in my showcase, that huge Bartoletti. Everybody ask me if I race that moster on my track...
Not really, so I see it the same way Boomerang does. The Bartoletti is better to be used as a decoration of the track. Although you can drive him, in narrow curves the rolling resistance and the weight (389 grams!!!) let him only crawl along the track - unloaded, of course! And it was not really an improvement to use the FLY racing motor instead the original Mabuchi... he hasn't got enough power to move the Bartoletti with an acceptable speed. So the transporter is better stored in my showcase instead of making speed experiments...

cordially

Matthias

1 - 16 of 16 Posts