SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fully focused on tuning my proxy series Thingies after dual motor transplants so I missed the introductions and finding out where the film footage is destined for so perhaps Steve F. or John Secchi can help with this information?

Last Wednesday was dedicated to filming our toys and was an interesting experience. Steve was track testing choc-ice's tilting Dodge Monaco as the two man crew set up their lights and it was chosen as a subject for some in-car footage.

Perhaps Top Gear inspired, there were leading, following and 'drive past' shots taken and some of the rough shots viewed later on a lap top looked spectacular. Only needed to be slowed down slightly and have squealing tyre and gunfire effects added to the soundtrack to faithfully mimic and number of '70s cop shows. Perhaps some 1:32 empty cardboard boxes to crash through might have added something ... but perhaps not as well.

There was a show and tell of some of the cars in our regular's slot boxes and a few people were interviewed. I wish I'd had the sense to keep my mouth shut, but I didn't.

Allan 'Chopper' Feldman, Steve Francis, John Crocker and the location unit #1.

John Crocker wins the Wise Owl of North London award!

I look forward to learning more and seeing the final production.
Regards,
L.

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Think the guy doing the filming was going to post SteveF the footage, and I assume the finished article will be posted on the NLSME site, when I do not know.
[oneofwos]

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
I heard from our film crew tonight and the film has been edited. He has had a bit of trouble ripping it, whatever that it means but assures me it will be sorted soon, and i will stick it on s.f. as soon as i get it, cheers steve

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
That explains why the last set of bodyshells came through with blood on them

Hopefully the next project will be something for the Dodge to chase, a Cadillac

Steve also does proper racing cars as well as this weird stuff, the quality of his work is first class.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Steve..

ahem

"The way an American car would go around the corners..."

Good lord, are you channeling Jeremy Clarkson?

But, hey you're forgiven given that great banjo music.

Cheers,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts