SlotForum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mr. Olufsen
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am hoping that RichG or another SF electrosavant might have a concise answer to this one:

I just noticed that my slot.it cars come fitted with code 473 ceramic capacitors, i.e. a capacitance of 47,000 picoFarad (47 x 1,000 (3 zeros)). The Scalex Ferrite Man capacitor is Code 103, i.e. 10,000 picoFarad.

I always fit the capacitors in chipped cars with Scalex binocular ferrite sleeves (part no. W8424), and wonder whether I should replace the 473 capacitors with code 103 ones. Does it make any difference? So far, I haven't seen any adverse effects, but I don't have the knowledge to support any conclusions (I have only rudimentary electronics experiences from 30+ years ago).

I have bought some 10,000pF 50Vmax ceramic disc capacitors, but would just keep the original slot.it components if there is no problem in this.

Br,
Christian

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I have some Slot.it fitted with 104, 100nF, so it seems they use various values.

The ferrite & capacitor are a crude low pass filter and all of the values will be fine.

Rich

·
Mr. Olufsen
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Rich, for the fast reply, highly appreciated. No worries then, I'll keep whatever they come with.
/Christian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts