SlotForum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Love to hear your comments. I still am playing with elevations and the scenery is temporay. It's gonna be a long fun project turing this layout into a real looking course. I have been amazed at how many great home layouts there are.
MAD

Not sure how this Viper got here
wishful thinking maybe...

The line up...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Some great possibilities for scenery and fun races there. Personally, I don't understand people putting in "the wiggles" to their track. A chicane, absolutely, but more than 3 changes of direction seems odd, to me.

That said, making a home track is all about what the owner enjoys more, so if you've tested it and enjoy it, more power to you. Enjoy!

·
René 'Vialli' Christensen
4,861 Posts
You've got nine cars on the line-up???
Isn't it only possible to have six cars running at the same time?

Great layout!

·
Registered
218 Posts
nice layout
, especcially when there's only one type curve available. i think the new r1 curves really will help you to make an even better track.

how is the power on the track, did you make extra connections?

did you use the ninco safety-walls, do they fit good?

wish i had so much space.........

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (pupkick @ 21 Apr 2005, 01:25)Some great possibilities for scenery and fun races there. Personally, I don't understand people putting in "the wiggles" to their track. A chicane, absolutely, but more than 3 changes of direction seems odd, to me.

That said, making a home track is all about what the owner enjoys more, so if you've tested it and enjoy it, more power to you. Enjoy!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for your honest feedback. I went with the wiggles because of the almost perfect fit. I have one other version, slightly different, that is more traditional. I just didn't want to spend more money on the xtra straight pieces right now. I will say though, there is something really cool watching the cars go through that section. My feeling is I will adjust to a more traditional set up as soon as I get in the spending mode again.

here is the next version that has less wiggles and connects almost perfectly using only the existing scx pieces available in the states.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (Slotrace.dk @ 21 Apr 2005, 03:02)You've got nine cars on the line-up???
Isn't it only possible to have six cars running at the same time?

Great layout!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you. Yes, only 6 running at a time, the 9 are in the pit area tuning up

Now, maybe when I upgrade to the Davic system I'll get those 9 running. I just need to figure out where to get the money for it.......

QUOTE nice layout thumbsup.gif , especcially when there's only one type curve available. i think the new r1 curves really will help you to make an even better track.

Can't wait for the r1's. I finally made a connection in Spain and will have access to some of the released product there.

QUOTE how is the power on the track, did you make extra connections?

Now that's a story in itself. still no power taps added yet, I haven't figured out how to connect them correctly yet. Someone promised me some photo's but they went MIA. (yes, still hoping for some photos
)
Right now, I am staying vigilant on cleaning the braids, bending them up a tad, cleaning the track and very, very carefully bending the silver metal around the points out a bit further so they make better contact with the female connection on the end of the track . I'll do a photo this weekend if you are interested. It has really helped.
power taps hopefully in the future...

QUOTE did you use the ninco safety-walls, do they fit good?

currently I am using the Ninco barrier walls, Ninco guard rails red/white, carrera black guard rails and some Ninco grey guards. I really like the Ninco walls, I had to trim the tab piece off and they work fine. once I have settled in I'll give them a dab of glue putty or hot glue. Not sure of staying with the red/white or grey yet.
I also bought some 1.5" wood strips that i may paint grey and put banners on. i also
picked up some vinyl molding that looks like concrete barriers, very neat.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Nice track Mad,

Im more interested in your collection of cars,are they all working models or are there some revell easy fits in there as well. Im trying to build up my dtm collection with a carrera audi red bull in the post takes me up to seven. Anyway Im green with envy

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (PJF @ 21 Apr 2005, 16:22)Nice track Mad,

Im more interested in your collection of cars,are they all working models or are there some revell easy fits in there as well. Im trying to build up my dtm collection with a carrera audi red bull in the post takes me up to seven. Anyway Im green with envy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All working digital cars. The PM Opel is the body from the revell easy fit kit but the chassis is from the duplicate Vodaphone digital car I had. I ended up with doubles of each car. I am going to replace the bodies on the other duplicates, audi tt and mercedes with these:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (sacesta @ 21 Apr 2005, 16:35)Nice layout. Is that track painted or does it come in that color?
Steve
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, that's it right out of the box...

·
Registered
313 Posts
The track looks great. In this last photo, Revell bodies one, it looks like the track is much smother then the old SCX stuff and looks like a harder material aswell. It's great about the colour too.

In the "overall" pic in the beginning, it looks like you've got a single lane changer, out to in, on the back strait. Is that a new piece?

·
Registered
218 Posts
the track itself IS great. rough surface, but lesser rough as ninco. with isolated rails in the slot, which stays at it's place and will not bend together as with ninco.
slot is flush with the track, just like scal. sport, which is very nice for sliding.
so i would say it's a combination of ninco and sport
, exept for the colour which is also very nice.
i use(d) ninco and sport so i know what i'm talkin'about
i wouldn't say it's the best track around for everyone, but it is the ideal combination for me.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUOTE (pupkick @ 21 Apr 2005, 01:25)Some great possibilities for scenery and fun races there. Personally, I don't understand people putting in "the wiggles" to their track. A chicane, absolutely, but more than 3 changes of direction seems odd, to me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

pupkick,after running the course last night, I've come to the conclusion that the wiggles will be reduced to just 3 curves. They were fun but it doesn't feel right. You used the word "odd" which fits. I will make the change tonight adding in a straight and a 1/2 straight. I do end up with a small gap but I think the track can handle it without disrupting flow of power. Another word that comes to mind is "realistic". Yes it should be fun but I also like it to be more realistic in terms of how the course races. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Good racing to all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts