SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
@MrFlippant ’s 3D printed barriers have done wonders for me in terms of keeping cars on the table, plus they look great.

How big is your initial table? I have a 4 x 8 and have been thinking about adding an L as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi David,

The initial table size was 4x11 and my options for Track on were limited because I had need of a Pit Lane. So the initial track was about 24 feet in length each lane. The original track design while it contained 1/60 curved sections all were "eased" by using 1/30 ,2/30, or 3/30 Pieces. ( Carrera obviously). The added on section was 4x5 enabling the Fly over and the Limiting Curve on it is 2/30. I am currently using the Carrera Borders mostly to protect the Walls of the room <lol> . The Flyover curve will have a Barrier of some sort and I am probably going to add a small section of Plexiglass as well. I should mention that the Floor is finished Concrete and a Car will likely not survive a fall without sustaining considerable damage.

I wasn't aware of any Particular Crash fencing available which also limited my choices.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Congrats on the layout. It appears to be coming along nicely. Regarding keeping the cars off the floor the old popular gutter guard might work. There are numerous materials and styles. From simplistic plastic mesh to metal decor. I put one at the end of my long straight and it has saved many a car. I also put another at the opposite end of the table just to balance things out. Based on what coverage you need they might be overkill (perhaps based on what type you used) however they can come in handy for a spot or two.

·
Registered
255 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
16,619 Posts
Yep. If you have access to a 3D printer, you can download the files and print your own. If you'd like some printed up for you, just PM me. Hit the "Flux Productions" link in my signature below to see threads about the crash barriers and other products I sell.

As for the plastic gutter guard, I've used that in the past as well. My only recommendation is to put some kind of wrap over the top of the "fence" because it's an absolute snag-magnet if you don't. It will snag just about any kind of clothing, and scratch up your skin as well, so some kind of protection on the top is advised, even if it's just some folded over duct tape.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts