SlotForum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
  • The track is now live and working!!!!
  • We will be running complete tests on the track next week.
  • The public is welcome to join us in the testing.
  • A video of the track can be found here:
  • Two lanes have been measured in precise length
    • Blue lane is 44m 9cm & 3mm or 144 foot & 7.9 inches
    • White lane is 43m 91cm & 1mm or 144 foot & 0.8 inches.

·
Marc Abbott
1,912 Posts
Excellent news Chinese.

I'm sure a number of us will be along to try out the new track ASAP.

ALSO - Good to see that Finchley has come on board for the Champions League.

Good luck

ABBO

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Extensive testing carried out on the track.
Nobby is going to add more scenery to the track.

One new image here:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't own the track, it belongs to the club. Nobby and one other member were the designers of it.

My main role has been on the computer side development of the track (such as adding all those display screens and getting them wired up, and getting scalex to work) and the website for us.

By the way, nice digital track you have there. How long have you been working on it?

·
Registered
45 Posts
  • Nobby has today declared the track open. (Hint admin: Do we get our own forum here in the clubs section now?)
  • The club will be open only on Mondays from 19:30 (I have yet to update the website with this information).
  • I have added a short video demonstration of one of the lanes.
  • The files called FMSC Live Track 19-05-08.avi and can be found here along with the other video.
  • I have got a lot of work to do to the website over the rest of this week to get it finished off.
  • The fastest lap recorded so far is around 15 seconds, the tracks much faster than we first thought it would be.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi guys the track looks great, I wish I lived closer.
Only one comment, I wondered if you considered using Scaley black borders on the corners as the border insert (which is also black) fits flush with the track and will allow the cars to drift without hitting the ridge of the border inset as they will on the current set up with the red and white inserts that fit proud of the track.

all the best

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice idea but no we didn't consider it, come to think of it, I reckon it's more realistic with borders that sit proud of the track, on a real race circuit (yeah I know they're only toys, but....) the borders are raised so why not on a slot car track.... what do you think?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi Nobby

Personally I think that if you are racing without magnets and with wider cars like Ninco then due to the width restrictions with Scalextric track the additional space in the outside lane is neccessary to keep racing even; anyhow the cars look great when they drift and it adds to the fun of racing.

On the other hand if you are racing magnetised Scalextric/any slot car that stick to the track because they have two or more magnets attached then I would agree that the raised portion of the border is not too much of a problem.

Anyhow you can see for yourself and adjust things accordingly (if neccessary) based on your experience, the main thing is that the guys that race on the track enjoy it and come back on a regular basis.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hi Nobby,

How did your race night go?

Have you decided on any other classes yet?

I am a rookie at Burnt Oak and am interested in coming along to your club sometime. I only have a limited amount of cars so am looking forward to seeing your classes.

I run my club cars at home on a scalextric track to check them out. With my ninco megane running smaller diameter wheels the gear does catch on the borders when it drifts out, non mag of course. so it maybe worth considering slotique suggestion?

Best of luck

Dave

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Hiya is this club still working and what is the deal with the software you were using, we have been using the scalex club manager 1.2c or something like that!!

What is the 3.0 like? any info would be great!!

G

·
Finchley closed some time ago due to very poor support. It will be re-born in Kilburn later this year, hopefully, but this time will be a 6 lane Ninco track. I have had a quick few laps and it's looking good.
I expect Ian "Nobby" Newstead will enlighten you further when there is more news.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts